Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

chatel insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought lift passes online for PdS and although insurance was offered (and ~3euros per day) it was impossible to add to the purchase. (As an aside I quite often find that the English versions of French websites are pretty poorly QA'd).

I'm wondering, a bit last minute, about getting additional insurance but it doesn't seem possible to either get Carre neige, or the PdS own insurance http://en.snowrisk.com/ online. Am I missing something?

Failing that I guess I'll just pop into the office when I get there, but the whole point of having them delivered was to avoid the need to do just that.

LR
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@LittleRob, don't you already have winter sports insurance?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well yes, through my bank. I suppose I was a bit concerned as to whether it was comprehensive enough (being a freebie an all).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@LittleRob,

I've just got back from Chatel and had the insurance everyday. The pass has a red cross on it, so if you have an accident they'll instantly air lift you off the mountain without having to check your insurance details etc. When you get your pass with insurance they give you a leaflet showing the prices of getting recovered on the mountain without insurance. The helicopter airlift is €1100! So for the sake of £2.20. I'd say its a no brainer.

This is my first post, so I hope it was of some help!

JW
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

The pass has a red cross on it, so if you have an accident they'll instantly air lift you off the mountain without having to check your insurance details etc.

If an airlift is necessary.

But if it is that serious they are obliged to do it anyway and if you have travel insurance the insurance company will pay it. In total I have skied close on 500 days and never needed an airlift. So at £2.20 per day for extra insurance I have to agree with @Josh_Woolley, it is a no brainier. I am better off not paying the extra.

However if you do not take travel insurance then Carte Neige is a good idea.

@LittleRob, I had winter sport insurance though my bank and had an accident. Claiming was no problem, but they only part part of my claim. I am annoyed, but it was only £100 above the excess. In the great scheme of things nothing to get worried about.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@LittleRob, best check your policy then. I have a very good one so carte neige is a waste of money for me
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@LittleRob, which bank are you with?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Methinks you can just buy the Carte Neige at the Pass office..

http://www.carreneige.com/en/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@albob, yes you can but he got his pass delivered to avoid having to go to the office
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I rang the bank this morning and, after selecting 47 options and listening to a massive disclaimer, I was able to confirm (from a human) that we are covered. I guess the difference from the Carre Neige is that we will need to pay up front and reclaim but I don't see that as a major issue. Certainly not worth paying an extra £44 for the week (64Euros)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@LittleRob, hopefully you won't need to claim at all...sounds like you are planning on it!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx Not planning on it, but I did fall badly a couple of years ago, and though I was able to get down on my own, my knee has never been quite the same since (hopefully last year's physio will have helped) and I guess its broken the feeling of invulnerability (well that and the fact that I hit 50 this year ;-(
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@LittleRob, I'm guessing that you did not have treatment or lasting effects that need to be declared...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Your insurance will probably cover you should you need a helicopter off. Also insurers will normally settle direct for anything over £500
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
holidayloverxx When I called they asked whether I was having, or planning to have, any treatment. To which the answer is no. My leg is OK, I still run and cycle (I marathoned last year) its just not as it was. I probably need to slow down a bit, and not try to keep up with my kids wink

I think my lack of style makes it worse. I rely on my strength to compensate for poor technique, but I don't think I'm alone in that.

LR
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy