Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter Snow - where to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Very Happy
I'm trying to organise a group trip to France for Easter 2016 and given that it's late in the season I'm conscious of picking a high altitude resort that will still have decent conditions for skiers and boarders, but which one is the big question!
(Courchevel and Les 2 Alpes have already been ruled out on account of them not taking 5yr olds in ski school)

So if anyone out there has any recommendations on the topic that can help with my decision making, they will be massively appreciated.

Thanks
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@broph, welcome to SnowHeads snowHead You have a PM (top right, Send/Read messages)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
New Generation in Courchevel 1650 take kids from 4. Some good Ski Olympic chalets there, too. And loads of self-catering accommodation close to slopes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My daughter was 4 last easter and had lessons in L2A
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Easter is early next year but if you want snow sure I think Arc 1950 is a good bet and ideal for families.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Les Arcs is a good shout. I am booked for there Easter next year. You have two high resorts les Arcs and La Plagne. Ski lessons sorted for 5 year olds and upwards.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
L2A ski school takes kids from age of 3. Some TOs will say that cannot book ski school for kids under 5 or 6 - don't know why.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@broph, Easter weekend next year is a week earlier than this year! Easter Sunday is MARCH 27th - not usually a month people worry too much about!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the comments, La Plagne is looking like a favourite at the moment especially as I've found a TO that can provide direct flights (usually have to fly to UK then on to final destination which isn't fun with a load of equipment)
Interesting comments on the kids' ski schools, and worth knowing that I can consider those resorts next time as we usually rule them out. Do you just arrange the lessons in resort rather than through TO?

Thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@broph, re kids' ski school - depends on whether you want to use the ski school used by the TO. Also, depends on whether TO is offering ski school for kids' ages. My kids love ski school now because "we don't have to do boring slow skiing with our parents"
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@broph, we did Les Deux Alpes through Mark Warner and booked both ski school and kids clubs through them (that meant we did get a choice in the ski school but that was fine as we were perfectly happy with the ski school)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@broph, also my other daughter had lessons at 4 with ESF in Courchevel, that was booked through Esprit
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy