Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marmolada/Val gardena tips request

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am going to Rocca Pietore, near Arabba/Marmolada in 2 weeks. I am looking for some tips to get most of that vast area.
Besides Marlmolada i plan to go by car to Corvara and Canzei. I have been to Cortina d'Aprezzo before and have found it boring.

1) have read about hidden valley route but from youtube videos it looks like very easy piste, with nice views but not much adrenaline. I think i'll skip it, or am i wrong ?

2)With some fresh snow I might get lucky to get some freeride from Marmolada, I am not sure if getting guide is worth the money for 2 persons.
I have found some report with, nice map of freeride routes http://imgur.com/RFZOulq From research, youtube videos those tracks looks easy, not sure if i want guide or should i just find those routes on my own, especially that there is very little fresh powder. Anybody has experience of riding offpiste from Marmolada on their own?
Or maybe somebody can recommend me a reasonably priced guide to show me where to ride so i can ride on my own.

3) Any tips on some freeride opportunites nearby? I'll have my car so 1h drive to nice place is no problem.

While i love Dolomites, as i have been learing to ride in Italy, and i love italian weather, i am little worried that whole area is gong to be a little boring to ride, i seek for adrenaline.

4) What to avoid, many youtube videos show areas with flat pistes that are not snowboard friendly Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go to Alba (close by car), the lift up and take the black down to Alba, or from Malga over to Arabba the run down to Arabba should be ok to, but both not to difficult. The bit over to Arabba has same flat parts. snowHead

Generally Sella is not snowboard country. Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry I know you would already have been now but I'm still going to respond in case anyone else is interested. I found that Alba black to be an icy boarders nightmare personally. We did find some great off piste opportunities in alba, at the top of one of the lifts you can go under a rope under the lift and access a large not very steep powder field. If it has snowed recently you'll see it completely tracked out. You can ride this all the way down to an area with a few old huts/sheds, be sure to carry enough speed to meet the piste at the end. Going to the top of the Marmolada is a must, the run down from the glacier is brilliant on a board and without a doubt always has the best snow conditions of the area (not surprising considering it is the highest point) and if it has recently snowed there is some great side of piste powder opportunities. Canazei has some fun runs in the main bowl though keep your wits about you as it seems to be one huge piste. Other than that enjoy the Sella Ronda, don't be scared to explore areas off the main circuit as you will find some really nice and quieter pistes.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 20-02-15 22:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The hidden valley is very flat at the bottom with loads of polling. . Marmolada gets busy later on. Try and do it early. I did the Sella Ronda twice with boarders. They seemed to have a great time. Sass Long? down to Christina is great as is the really long descent into Ortesei.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy