Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing after Easter, where to go in the last 2 weeks of April?

Poster: A snowHead
Is there anywhere that has reliable snow at the end of April? Happy to travel outside of Europe for some end of season fun.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tignes and Val d'isere normally have great skiing at the end of April as most of the skiing is high above 2200ms , same goes for Cervina and Zermatt .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I assume there are no packages available?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mark Warner still have Val d"Isere & Tignes for 2 weeks 12th April and Ski Val the 11th for 2 Weeks ... as packages.

Look at YSE for Val d"is ere until the end of April. Not sure about flights.

Usually decent skiing mid April until it gets slushy by 15:00. Slopes are quiet too.

Enjoy javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could try Mountainsun Tignes; they might still be open. Great value and can do Geneva transfers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@BobG, Quite a few of the higher level resorts are open in Austria until the first weekend of May, but you would have to organise everything yourself as the TOs have finished their package deals by then.

Take a look at Obergurgl, Sölden, Ischgl, Obertauern, Kuthai, Finkenberg/Hintertux (way more skiing than any of the French glaciers by the way), Kaprun for starters.

Depends on which week starting 18th April or 25th April, there will of course be more choice in the first week than the second anywhere you look.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Livigno is open into May - had an excellent 3rd week of April trip there a few years ago.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BobG, Many places will close the weekend after Easter, snow or not.

Chamonix (Grands Montets) programmed to be open until May 4 (closing a week earlier than last year, presumably the business doesn't justify remaining open).

That time of year though you will have to accept that it's likely to be very much spring conditions snowHead snowHead Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

@BobG, Many places will close the weekend after Easter, snow or not.

That is April 12th this year. Many resorts, including a lot of the big French resorts will close a fortnight later 26/4/15 and some, as mentioned above will close early May
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Saisies always closes the same time each year - around 25 April, depending on when the Friday falls, regardless of the timing of Easter. I wouldn't recommend it for a late April holiday though.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@johnE, very few close early May. Many, even in France, especially smaller, lower ones closing 12.4. Even it would appear, somewhere like Les Gets.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ischgl normally has over 200km of skiing open until the start of May for the series of closing concerts they do - (iirc over 2-3 weekends).
Last year we were skiing top to bottom till the last week of April and that was a bad year - would recommend, that and Kaprun as its a lovely area with other things to do.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
L2A closes on 25th April, I'll be there still. Its very reliable late season with skiing up to 3600m. Last season, which was pretty poor in April, I still managed to ski back to resort on the closing day (although it was a little muddy for the final 100m or so).

I don't know if other resorts are the same but I did find that things (lifts, bars, restaurants, shops) started closing during the last couple if weeks.

Still hoping to ski down the next day this year (going up via La Grave). It wasn't possible last year due to poor visibility.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lake Louise... zero queues, amazing terrain, stunning scenery and maple syrup Shock)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Must admit I too was wondering if bars restaurants etc would be open. We are in a catered chalet in Tignes for 5 days from 26th April, looking forward to this but not skied this late ever.
snow report
@Mrs Ducky, There were still plenty open just not all.
snow conditions
@Mrs Ducky, A while ago now (after the first ever EoSB in fact) but we skied to the car parked at Val Claret from the top of the glacier on May Day. The snow was great. Hope you are as fortunate!

snowHead
snow report
Thanks everyone for the replies.
latest report
Am i missing something? Coz completely confused why no mention of Val Thorens and EOSB . . . Puzzled
snow conditions
@Jonpim, There is now. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Mrs Ducky We've owned an apartment in Tignes since winter 07/08 and have skied for 4 or 5 days in either the last week in April or first week in May every spring since then.

Never had a problem - fantastic winter snow at the top of Espace Killy; through to skiable mush/slush at low altitude; always possible to ski back to Val D and Les Boisses (1800m); and skiable to Les Brevieres (1500m) most years.

Take plenty of high factor sun cream - but note that we've skied powder at that time of year (at altitude) on several occasions.

No problem in terms of bars, restaurants and shops being open.

You'll love it Very Happy
ski holidays
RobinS wrote:
Livigno is open into May - had an excellent 3rd week of April trip there a few years ago.

Lifted this off the Livigno web site.

Skipass FREE 2014/2015

Book your holiday (at least 4 nights - from the season's beginning to the 19th December 2014 and from the 11st of April to winter season end 2015), with participating hotels and apartments in Livigno and we will offer you the skipass for Livigno's skiarea.

Might be worth waiting until you know where the snow is.

snowHead
latest report
I'm planning a late escape to Engelberg on either April 19 or 20 for three or four days. Last year did the same to Saas Fee. Very Happy
snow conditions
How about the Paradiski area?

We're open until the 26th April and we do catered chalets - details via the link below. Flights and transfers aren't included but there are still plenty of options for those dates . . .

Any help?
snow conditions
@NeddySkiGoon,
Quote:

RobinS wrote:

Lifted this off the Livigno web site.

Skipass FREE 2014/2015

Book your holiday (at least 4 nights - from the season's beginning to the 19th December 2014 and from the 11st of April to winter season end 2015), with participating hotels and apartments in Livigno and we will offer you the skipass for Livigno's skiarea.

That's the deal we got - a week in a two bedroom apartment for 4 of us, 50 metres from the piste, for less than €700, including 4 x 6 days lift passes.
snow conditions
Mountain Addict, thanks for the info, for me unfortunately just been told I have a torn cartiledge in my knee and although uncomfortable could do a little skiing but not too much. The reason I was asking is that the group I am with are of an age group between 25 and 58 who have skied many years and drank even longer Very Happy so although the chalet is in a quiet area I just needed to know that there was places open on the mountain they could leave me at if the knee plays up. Nothing dampens my spirit though as I also love the sun as well, so hopefully early skiing and longer apres. Bye for now.
snow conditions
Sorry to hear that Mrs Ducky. Hope you can still manage to have a good time - there are some lovely mountain restaurants with nice views. Can be on the pricey side though... rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy