Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Worst day of the holiday over with

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
and I've not even arrived yet.

I'm sure I can't be alone in the feeling of dread that envelopes me on the evening I have to ring the chalet owner to confirm arrangements pour récupérer la clé. Some years the gods of schoolboy french smile on me and I fumble my way through the exchange without a hitch, but for some reason this evening neither of us could understand half what the other was saying - it was like she was Welsh or something. For all I know, I've just agreed to buy a timeshare in exchange for half a badger. Embarassed

We ended it by agreeing I should ring them on Saturday.... by which time doubtless Madame will have got a load of friends over to listen to me make a prat of myself on the speakerphone before she replies in perfect English Laughing

Really must try harder. Mad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NoDosh, don't you get key arrangements in advance by email? I remember a few years aho having to call a hotel in moutiers to get the code for the door as we were unavoidably late. I was very relieved when the numbers I thought I heard turned out to be right...after much ecoutez et repetez
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends whether I use one of the immobilier or the office de tourisme. With the immobilier it's plus facile, just amble in to the office, collect key and away. With the OdT they give you a phone number for the owner and ask you to ring them a few days ahead of your arrival. Pretty much all of them then say "ah, just ring me when you get here" but on occasion I've had "no, you need to speak with my agent/cleaner/bouncer", followed by a string of different phone numbers on which to contact them.

Should be easier next year as we're offloading daughter on to her school trip so will probably enjoy a hotel with all the money we save by not skiing at half term rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy