Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2005 12 24 - Rougemont

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 18-08-06 10:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What a great way to spend Christmas Eve.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ise, I remember skiing, and enjoying this area. Did you ski from La Videmanette back to the car park at Rougemont?. It looked like a very steep mogully piste when I saw it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowbunny, from La Videmanette to Rougemont is a blue Very Happy It can be a handful sometimes, it doesn't get much direct light so it's often icy. The bumps are pretty much only right at the top but are pretty fierce, they can be avoided by using the short lift down from the top of the bubble.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ise, I can see your point about your pics in the gallery. Some look a little dark for the conditions. They are still good though. You will simply have to go back and take them again, until you are satisfied wink . What camera are you using?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
an eos 350d with an EF-S 18-55/3.5-5.6 in raw mode
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ise,
Quote:

Looks complicated, so I guess you will be spending some more time with the manual Very Happy No auto exposure available?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny wrote:
ise,
Quote:

Looks complicated, so I guess you will be spending some more time with the manual Very Happy No auto exposure available?

I'd prefer not to use the auto mode on the SLR, it defeats the (or my) purpose a bit. The beauty of a digital is it stores everything about the image, i've just been looking at the data and I can see a couple of things I can try.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ise,
Quote:

I'd prefer not to use the auto mode on the SLR, it defeats the (or my) purpose a bit. The beauty of a digital is it stores everything about the image, i've just been looking at the data and I can see a couple of things I can try.

I used to use a Nikon SLR, so I can relate to the concept of experimentation with the settings. It's fun, but it did take a lot of patience for me. My everyday camera is now a pocket sized Olympus digital, and the auto mode does tend to get it right more often than I do. I have yet to try it out for skiing shots, results to follow wink . Does your camera's download package allow you to analyse and adjust the image, then feed that adjustment into the camera setting?
BTW, I feel a whole lot better knowing that the run down from Videmanette is...a blue Laughing No wonder it looked so steep rolling eyes Time to quit if I can't hack a blue wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

an eos 350d
Not exatly a pocket digi, but NICE bit of kit. Early christmas prezzie?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy