Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

surfanic

Poster: A snowHead
I know there'll be lots of differing opinions, but what are your experiences with Surfanic kit?

I was lookiing at a split roller bag and maybe a baselayer, value for money?

Discuss...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 10-02-15 14:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've had their snowboard bag and a big holdall for about 5 years now, both have held up reasonably well and are made of good fabric. No idea if they are still made to the same standard, they are finally starting to wear a bit now with a bit of stitching coming away and the bottom corner rubbing through where they have been dragged around.

Worth looking on ebay, and they keep sending me e-mails with discount codes, for the kind of discounted prices they charge it is a decent product.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I won a surfanic bag last year, colour scheme is pretty gash but it seems very good quality with plenty of storage space and handy pockets. It isn't the lightest think at circa 3kg though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had 2 surfanic hold Alls for 6 years now. They do about 3 trips a year and have held up well. Tbh the colour is pretty horrible but we got them from tkmaxx for next to nothing. The wife had a surfanic jacket for 2 seasons and still wears it now on occasion 6years later.
For the money I would say great.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skied half a season in Surfanic sallopettes, used to replace Helly Hansen pair which didn't make it past three months. The Surfanic pair are in their fourth year of bashing and still without a tear and superbly warm. Happily recommended Surfanic to my partner who has kitted herself out in a lovely fur lined jacket 50 quid.

No complaints.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers all, seems good!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I look like I'm sponsored by them (I'm not).

Does all I need it to do.

Plus. Have a spare for dog walking in and that one is good as well.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All of the above plus they are a British company. Personally I'm not a huge fan of many of their designs but the quality is good.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got a soft shell. I don't wear it often but the quality is good for the money.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been really impressed by my purchases from Surfanic... A great retailer in my experience

Ski bag and ski boot bags I bought were cheap, functional and pretty good quality - Shame about the design (Unless of course you're a fan of the Russian Special forces arctic warfare look)

Base layers were good, but their Micro fleeces (Surfanic own brand things sadly no longer in stock) were excellent - Great fit for a big lad with an enormous thorax. I cannot fault these at all and hope that the Tog24 replacements that I will shortly buy are much the same.

R
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@DannySimpson, I've had a split roller for the last 8-10 years. It died this year because a friendly baggage handler smashed the pull out handle off, all zips, materials, wheels linings etc all fine. I've ordered another one.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers @rogg, I'm still stuck between that, the smaller roller they do, the Nevica holdall (£25 from allegedly £120) or the Trespass Pulley...

The second and last might be better sizewise: I travel light, unless Mrs S is in tow...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've used a pair of Surfanic ski trousers for the last 3 years and can't fault them. Only cost me about £40 too!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another thumbs up from me. I've had a ski coat from there - lovely and warm with LOTS of pockets and good features. Also, I must be the only one who actually likes their bright colours Toofy Grin Got a bag from them too. Used both bag and coat for a couple of weeks skiing so far and they look like they'll last a long time.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks everyone, Mrs S has sprung for the split roller as a Valentine's gift (she's good!) and I've ordered some thermals as well, always nice to have new stash, even if I'm only going for 4 days this year!!
ski holidays
I like their stuff, and I think its actually really good quality, and for the price its even better value. i've been using a pair of trousers and base layers for the last 3 years and I can't fault them still in excellent condition, with only a bit of wear on the back of the hew where it trails on the ground and gets a bit trodden on by my shoes when walking after taking my ski boots off.

Always kept me warm even down to -20C.
snow conditions
@DannySimpson, We had a split bag in the Christmas sales. No concerns so far.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy