Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Day trip to Morzine from Saint Gervais

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're driving down to Saint Gervais for the Feb 1/2 term week and a big group of UK friends / kids will be in a chalet at Morzine that week. I'm considering driving over there to ski with them one day and check out the Morzine area since we've never skied there.

Google maps suggests it'll take me about an hour to drive there .. is this a reasonable estimate in clear weather?

On the map it looks like we'll drive through Les Gets to get to Morzine proper .. since our friends are based in Morzine my default would be just to drive/park there but it looks like we might could park at Les Gets and ski over .. not sure if this is sensible or not .. I assume there are buses
between the 2 areas so if we got stuck in Morzine at the end of the day could we get a bus back to the car in Les Gets?

Either way where should I try to park?

Any other tips? I'll have 3 of my kids with me (9,14,16) and they're decent skiers .. all reds and some "entry level blacks" would be ok for them (and me) although our friends and their kids might be limited to greens and blues ... so one thought is for us to explore Lets Gets in the morning and then meet up with the others in Morzine in the afternoon .. or maybe there's enough to ski over in Morzine that I should just ignore Les Gets on this trip?

Thanks for any pointers,

Brien
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes an hour sounds about right. But allow two due to traffic/snow Happy

Skiing in Morzine is basically the Avoriaz side, or the Les Gets side. Thus agreeing with your friends that that day they'll ski the Les Gets side makes meeting up so much easier.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd park at perrieres in Les Gets. It's free, and it's the first lift you'll drive past on the way in. Doesn't take long to ski from les gets side to the morzine side. There's a navette if you end up on one side when the lifts close
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We'll leave as early as possible and get there when we get there ... if it's snowing though we'll stay local.

I'll have to check with them a few days in since at the moment they don't seem to know much about where they'll be / what time they'll get out in the morning / etc ..

When you say the "Lets Gets side / Avoriaz side" you mean that Morzine itself is sorta the back side of the other 2 areas? The "crack" so to speak .. in which case would it make sense to park in Les Gets if they're gonna be on that side of Morzine?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bleudegex, Thanks for the parking suggestion .. from the map parking in Les Gets and skiing over would make sense as it'd save driving around on the way in / out .. every little helps!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@bpirkle, we drive over to St Gervais two or three times a season and it does take about an hour from Les Gets. But do allow longer. You can certainly park at the Perrieres lift as a large car park there and you can also buy your lift passes there. Not much else to do there if you are really early so a bag of croissants bought on the way could be a good idea.

Quote:

There's a navette if you end up on one side when the lifts close

There is not a 'ski bus' type navette that runs between Morzine and Les Gets but there is a bus called something like the Balad d'Aulps bus which runs up and down the valley - no doubt you can access a timetable for that online. We frequently come across people in Les Gets who ask us how to 'get the bus' back to Morzine and its not that simple. But I am sure you can work out getting yourselves back in good time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would seriously try to avoid the bus...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And if it was snowing heavily enough to take 2 hours I'd be enjoying the powder.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
good info - we have a similar plan from Les Contamines to Les Gets at Easter. Haven't done it before.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, this thread is very helpful ... now looking at getting across to Morzine and back ..

Up the Perrieres Express, across Renardier to the Ranfoilly Express, and down Gentiane to Bruyere and then across to Morzine on the Folliets du Golf lift .. et voila.

Getting back to the car appears to be simpler but it's difficult to tell if I'll have to go all the way up to la Rosta and ski down or if it's possible to get to Perrieres from the Vorosses blue ..
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And you get to ski the Melezes back to the car - best run in resort
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Melezes .. making a note of that now .... Thanks!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@bpirkle, you don't have to go up the Rosta lift to get back to the Perrieres car park, from the Rosta bowl take the Grains d'Or six man lift which is just along from the Rosta lift - turn right at the top and you ski along to the top of the Melezes which is the red run that goes back to the bottom of the Perrieres lift.

An alternative to going up the Ranfoilly Express would be to take the Nauchets up, and either turn left, ski down, past the white cross, cut across the drag lifts and go over the golf course to the Folliets lift.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks @Pamski, / @Nadenoodlee, @under a new name, @bleudegex, @RobW, .. Looking forward to some exploring next week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy