Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpybus Transfer - Pay Driver Cash?

Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick question. Booked my transfer with Alpybus and went right through booking process without actually paying. Received confirmation email saying you pay the driver in cash.

Makes no difference to me how I pay just seems a funny way to do things..is this normal for them?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Dorset Andy, Is it last minute- normal. If not it isnt abnormal- the driver should be aware. Half the time they sub it out to other companies.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@nadenoodlee, thanks for reply. Quite refreshing these days to be able to make a booking without paying up front.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dorset Andy, my son used Alpybus from GVA to Les Gets last week and it was only when I read his confirmation and pointed out that he would be paying cash to the driver that he spotted it - he then rang and put it on a card as he was coming from the States and would be setting off without Euros and knew he couldn't get at GVA. In the event he withdrew cash at Dublin as he had time. I am surprised that they are saying cash though - perhaps they have credit card details to ping if you don't turn up.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used Alpybus bus many times, sometimes booked well in advance other times the day before, never paid any other way than cash.

They are my preferred transfer company as the pick up times they text the day before are very accurate.

Book with confidence.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

my son used Alpybus from GVA to Les Gets last week and it was only when I read his confirmation and pointed out that he would be paying cash to the driver that he spotted it

it's amazing how long they need their mums, isn't it? rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Used them loads. You'll be fine Very Happy I hate having to pay upfront. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They've got the card details to charge no shows, but yes, drivers take cash. Consider a driver doing 10 rtn trips to GVA per week taking an average of 300 per trip and you'll understand how my roommate used to insist on locking our door.

There's a suggestion that the large amounts of cash make it easier to pay drivers and avoid taxes, quite convenient really.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alpybus, if paying in cash, take the correct money, or they will keep the change. The UBS machines at GVA airport arrivals, will give you Euros or CHF (not all machines)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Peeps. I have to say the price was good, the booking process very easy (unlike some with lots of extras even charging extra for hand luggage) and the drop off and pick-up is directly at accommodation not some random bus stop in centre of town. They didn't take my card details though so it is a good job I'm honest, although thinking about it they know where I am staying so they could pop in for a "chat" if I was a no show.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wouldn`t use them but I am biased #skiidywife

Paying in cash must be a pain for the driver - 8 people x 4 drives per day...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Nadenoodlee,
Quote:

I am biased #skiidywife

Smile Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dorset Andy, Good people, super reliable, cash is no bad thing - its rare but it seems to work, might catch on! wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@snowbunny, Machines at GVA only give Euro's to Swiss card holders. Many passengers come to me with Swiss Chfs as that was all they could get.
Luckily in PDS i can spend them.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
WooHoo, lunch at the Sports Bar Morgins on Paul! Razz wink
snow report
matteevan90 wrote:
They've got the card details to charge no shows, but yes, drivers take cash. Consider a driver doing 10 rtn trips to GVA per week taking an average of 300 per trip and you'll understand how my roommate used to insist on locking our door.

There's a suggestion that the large amounts of cash make it easier to pay drivers and avoid taxes, quite convenient really.

They've never taken my card details when I've booked. The other day when i called to say i had to cancel a booking only a few hours before they were very amenable.
snow report
Thanks @DallyPaul, I was not aware of the restriction, as I had one of those Swiss Cards!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy