Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stubai Glacier 3S Lift construction

Poster: A snowHead
Now that the provincial government of the Tyrol has given the go-ahead for the project, the building works for the 3S Eisgrat gondola are scheduled to start in summer 2015. Planned date for operation start is the end of October 2016.

http://www.stubaier-gletscher.com/en/stubai-live/news/bautagebuch/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It looks badass! The increased capacity is certainly needed when all the race teams are queuing up at 7:30am on Autumn mornings.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyone skiing second week of British Easter holidays can expect delays and queues as the Eisgrat lift is out of circulation from 3 April which means everyone going up from car spark has to take the Gamsgarten gondola which will make getting up from Mittelstation awkward at busy times. Plus the only way to the glacier will be the 8 man Rotadll lift. Oh, and I arrive on 3 April!

New lift looks epic for following season, however.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just checked piste map.... Two long t-bars and two chairs will also get you oop top without having to go up to Gamsgarten and queue for Rotadl . Won't help with the cram from the car park though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is certainly going ahead, I have had it first hand from the lift management. Should make a huge difference. Now just the road from IBK to Mutterbergalm to fix!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Piste View, lifts open on Friday btw wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Piste View, certainly going ahead can see that from webcam. Season's worth of pain to get through first though.

@clarky999, beware the heatwave coming later in the week, not that I am even remotely jealous Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@clarky999, - just a shame the snow card isn't up and running for another week but hey, powder is powder!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Piste View, that's one of the reasons I get the Freizeitticket wink

The other reason is it's a lot cheaper Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@clarky999, Mayrhofen, Kitz, Solden, Feiberbrunn ...... Smile You have a point though!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Piste View, yeah, and the Ost Tirol resorts are a big attraction (when it's 20°C föhn in IBK it can be was it deep and cold in Obertilliach), but I already have to buy the Montafon season pass too, so can't stretch to the Snow Card!

Do you get any days in the Arlberg with the Snow Card?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I guess you know the answer Smile
0 days Sad
But (mostly unlimited) Ischgl and Solden are good compensation.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@clarky999, Here are the ski areas where the Tirol Card works. http://www.snowcard.tirol.at/ Still no St Anton Sad I hope every year that they'll join, but so far they have taken no notice of my wishful thinking wink

I'm tempted by the thought of new snow at Hintertux this weekend but sensibly I should probably wait until I can buy the Tirol Card.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@SaraJ, I have spoken to the director at St Anton TVB and also the bergbahn - zero chance of it ever happening was the message. You never know but it was a pretty no sadly. It is already the best ski pass in the history of humankind but just imagine St Anton included!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's a real shame!

They'll never join fully as the Arlberg season pass costs more than the Tirol Snow Card, but I keep hoping they might work out a deal to get 3 days skiing (or so) as with the Freizeitticket!

Unlimited access to Ischgl is really nice though - it wasn't on the pass when I last had the Snow Card, and only get 3 days there with the Freizitticket.

Sölden would be nice too to save me driving all the way up to Obergurgl Laughing
ski holidays
Yes Ischgl is a mega draw for me. It is unlimited but for the high season peak (as far as I understand xmas / new year). But this being Austria it is actually cloaked in mystery and I have never ever managed to get a straight answer as to when it is valid! The card has worked every time for me though. Yes St Anton is such a shame and you never know things might change but it has been a resounding no each time I have had it direct from those in the driving seat. Solden is also a belter. But I think you are doing ok for options (Montafon and Freizit)! On the vagueness / deception note, my wife has used her Freizitticket at a Kassa in Lech on the basis that it is the same ski region - I almost fell off my planks in shock as she brandished it!
ski holidays
Piste View wrote:
Quote:

I guess you know the answer Smile
0 days Sad
But (mostly unlimited) Ischgl and Solden are good compensation.

They are, it is just a shame they do not offer more with the Snow Card.
ski holidays
@MichaelHill, absolutely, St Anton is that missing piece!
snow report
St Anton has always wanted to retain its independence & history. They do things their own way which makes its special.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy