Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telemark binding mounting question: Do G3 targas have the same hole pattern as Rottefella R8s?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
That question really
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also: if I take out the Rottefella mounting plates what do I need to do to mount the taigas in th sold holes? Just a bit of epoxy and the old screws- something else- like inserts I don't have?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a sneaky suspicion that they are different, but not 100% sure. Take them off and take a look. If the same then a bit of epoxy and just be careful to get the screws in the ' thread' that is already created - use your fingers to get the screws started.

If different then it's not the end of the world - if there is only one mount then I'm sure that you'll manage to find a good position for the new binding.

As an aside - why Targas? They are terrible bindings. I have some virtually unused BD03's which I could sell you cheap which are a million times better than Targas. I'd just need to check that I have all the mount screws.

Ben
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have sorted my problem by shifting th eR8s about. Targas left alone.. I quite like them- they are a pair I have on some skis which are just a bit too retro so why not. I also have some spare hammerheads, but the taigas were for skis intended for either my wife (under 8 stone) or my 13 yr old- (over 8 stone a bit) and I have some soft cartridges that will do.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hammerheads, ahhhhhh!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ed123, Do your wife a favour and get her on the Hammerheads.....

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy