Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Med Sensations

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone experienced the new sensations hotel since it opened in December? We're going on the 15th March and have read the reviews on TA but any insights from this forum would be good.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thinking of going there next year - so please put in a TR
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Where is this? Val Thorens?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bene, Yup - replaces the old Club Med - opened Dec 2014
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just had an email from friends who have just got back. They are not easily impressed but gave the hotel 12/10. Sorry, they didn't give any more specific information but they are real foodies so I'm assuming you will be well fed. Hope you enjoy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@skitrack, yes I'll provide a full TR when back and while there possibly. We have been to the old hotel twice in last three years so love the ski area, just the hotel was a little jaded shall we say. Not complaining as the format suits us completely. Last year we were picked up by private car at Geneva and in the club in less than 2hours later with a beer. Hopefully we're the only 4 travelling from UK again this time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm generally interested in the Club Med formulae for a trip with the Mrs, who wants a nice holiday plus some skiing. Considering what you get they're not as pricey as it seems on face value-lift pass tuition, not to mention food and booze.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Bene, when you consider that once you've paid there is absolutely nothing else to spend money on unless you want to. We go with friends who have skied for 40 years and were getting bored with the sport. Since going to les menuires (5 years ago with us who were beginners) they have fallen back in love with it. It just works for us and while you can ski 6 days in VT for less than we pay, the extra few £s we spend are worth it. My wife now loves skiing holidays, who would've thought!
I think we paid £1400pp for this trip.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just done club med in Cervinia for 2nd time, I think it's a great set up massive rooms, great food and all day guiding, and for the serious theres off piste and heli skiing. but.... lift pass in town is 216 euro and Club med charge 280 Euro and you cannot opt out.

Still I've been twice and had great time
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@The Plumber, Who do you book through that you can actually see the lift pass price? The only options I've seen have been ski/boot hire and insurance! Otherwise - it's all in
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skitrack, correct, lift pass and lessons/guided touring are included as part of the all inclusive cost. Ins and kit is optional. You don't have to use the lessons/guides but for us it's what makes the format so good. Usually 5 hours ski a day with a 2 hour break for lunch back at the hotel.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Brassballs, Yup I know - so why did @The Plumber say that the lift pass was 216 Euro in town but ClubMed charge 280 Euro????
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Club Med great if you are looking for guiding - v cheap way of getting guiding (assuming that you are too old to qualify for UCPA or whatever it's called). Kit good but expensive, so think about hiring kit elsewhere (if possible).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skitrack, @Brassballs, I don't understand that comment either Puzzled
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm sure that it's all in with CM - you don't get to see the lift pass price, do you?
snow report
No, you don't - the only add on is equipment hire (and insurance....) but otherwise it's All-Inclusive
latest report
Damn, all this talking and I've still 32 days to wait.
snow conditions
@Brassballs, Sorry to disappoint you but you won't be the only ones going from the UK for that week to VT Sensations. The hotel seems to get good reviews on Trip Advisor and it looks like it will be a big improvement from the old Club in Val Thorens.
latest report
Oh well, can't be any worse than our first coach transfer to the club in les menuires a few years ago. The senior male of the large family sat behind us decided he was too hot and promptly took off all his upper clothing for the remaining journey!
latest report
@Brassballs, nice! And was it a pleasant sight?
ski holidays
@dobby, I'll leave that to your own imagination but it was male, 50+ Follicle challenged and possibly 250lbs. Crying or Very sad
snow report
Ok, if we end up on the same coach I'll try to make sure our group keeps on some upper clothing until we get to the hotel.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy