Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski gloves

Poster: A snowHead
I am a teenage boy, and i have skied many times, this year i am going to France to ski in the February half term and i was wondering are the Wedze Dreamscape free rider gloves. I was also wondering does anyone have any other recommendations mitts or gloves, as the temperature in france is not very cold. I will be skiing IN the Grand Massif ski area.
Thank you
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HanageTo wrote:
as the temperature in france is not very cold

It can be - especially when the wind picks up. Glove up for cold - you won't get hot hands!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Could u recommend any gloves then @martinm,?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hestra, in whatever style suits you best, love my Hestra ski cross gloves that are about 6 years old and good as new still and for really cold days I have their 3 finger mitts.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are many great gloves available. Leather are probably the hardest wearing and Goretex the lightest to wear. I think the Hestra gloves are great but I use Leki, as I use the trigger system. I have both gloves and mitts, and use the latter for colder weather.
Go to a good quality ski shop and see what they have. wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
martinm wrote:
Glove up for cold - you won't get hot hands!

I do!!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tom Doc wrote:
martinm wrote:
Glove up for cold - you won't get hot hands!

I do!!!

Stick 'em in the snow for a few miutes then snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't get on with Hestra gloves. Too bulky, too small, too hot, too expensive. Current gloves are Surfanic - but sometimes even they are too warm so then I revert to Salomon XC gloves.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RobW,
How can you say Hestra gloves are too small when they go up to size 12 ?

I wear cycling gloves when it's hot.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@musher, Easy. I've tried them on. They don't fit. I have BIG hands.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@HanageTo,
I have worn the infamous"Chamonix bin men's gloves" for the last 5 weeks. My fancy Black Diamond back up gloves not needed. Only £15 from Tim at Snowsheperd.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think after boots ski gloves are the hardest thing to size and find a perfect match. I'm not sure others recommendations have ever helped me find the one that suits me.

Plus I've never come off the piste with just one boot on#
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I love my Hestras too. Look after them and they last really well. If it's really cold I have a pair of over mitts to put on.

Ms P.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As a teenage boy @HanageTo, possibly won't be able to afford Hestra - or his parents might not be willing to stump up for them especially if he's expecting to grow!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have Hestra... Not warm at all, I have a pair of silk glove liners for when it does get cold, next gloves will be Salomons ,
If you are really worried about it getting cold then get done mittens, warm as toast but you can't oick ya nose Smile
snow conditions
yes @hammerite, is right. <y budget is £45
snow report
any ideas anyone?????
snow report
http://www.snowandrock.com/salomon-mens-fantasy-glove/salomon-glove/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/65313?listing=true
ski holidays
I am currently using 2 pairs of Trespass branded gloves, the originals were purchased as back up's and i liked them so much i purchased a second pair. The reason I like them is they have a long cuff which pulls tight with a toggle over your jacket sleeve (no snow ingress), removable fleece liners and they are light and not too bulky. I have never sufferred from cold handes with them. Have a look in your local Trespass shop, i think mine cost about £20.
ski holidays
After many years of spending large sums on gloves, I now have a couple of pairs that cost me £7 each from Decathlon. They're excellent; plenty warm enough, quite durable, very comfortable (they fit perfectly), they look decent, and they handily have the little elastic loops in them so I can take off my gloves on chairlifts without risking dropping them. And if they do get damaged or lost, I buy another pair for £7.

My days of spending big on gloves are over. In fact I choose to wear the cheapos over my previous £60 pair.
ski holidays
Dav wrote:
After many years of spending large sums on gloves, I now have a couple of pairs that cost me £7 each from Decathlon. They're excellent; plenty warm enough, quite durable, very comfortable (they fit perfectly), they look decent, and they handily have the little elastic loops in them so I can take off my gloves on chairlifts without risking dropping them. And if they do get damaged or lost, I buy another pair for £7.

My days of spending big on gloves are over. In fact I choose to wear the cheapos over my previous £60 pair.

You and I speak the same language Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Oh yeh that's where my boots analogy falls appart the price of gloves is rarely related to performance...
ski holidays
OK on a budget then these in your size plus a pot of leather balm to proof them and seal the seams http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/epages/es122028.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122028/Products/ssvenitexFBF15 or if you fancy splashing out a bit http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/epages/es122028.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122028/Products/SSkinco901large if your size is in stock.
ski holidays
A couple of years ago my NF Montana gloves fell apart whilst in Morzine. I dived in to the nearest shop and bought a pair of Reusch gloves for about 35 euro. They have been great. Very warm and don't get wet.
snow report
I tend to get cold mitts and have suffered from endless jibes over the years from everyone cos I have gone through so many pairs of gloves (Rossi / North Face / Salomon etc) to get the "right" ones...........hey ho - have now got an awsome pair of Scott gloves from USA that are lightweight but they have never let me down in the coldest temps (-30c.) So that's my view on it............. Very Happy
snow report
If you want your hands to be warmer, wear some inner gloves/liners. Good way of making gloves warmer without forking out for new gloves.
ski holidays
@HanageTo, Back to your original question, Wedze stuff is generally pretty sound if you are on a budget. I have had some for a number of years and they do the job, also applies to baselayers etc. Make sure the palms and in between the fingers and the thumb are reinforced (rubbery plastic or leather) if the nylon is exposed here you WILL grab your skis wrong at some point and cut the glove on an edge.
snow report
Oh and have a look in your local Aldi and Lidl, the ski offers were weeks ago so any leftover bits and bobs are now even more stupidly cheap in the clearance bins. The stuff is fine, works well and if it had a brand name on it would be 4 or 5 times the original price.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Or TKMax - that's where i got mine from.
snow report
Personally I like to wear inner glove liners, and a mitt on the top.

Think mine were like £35 from snow and rock.

Unless you have a real problem with cold hands, just get to a shop and try them on and buy a pair you think look cool and fit well!
snow report
HammondR wrote:
@HanageTo,
I have worn the infamous"Chamonix bin men's gloves" for the last 5 weeks. My fancy Black Diamond back up gloves not needed. Only £15 from Tim at Snowsheperd.

I have some of these too - brilliant and ridiculous value - although you're not selling them with the bin man image Very Happy

I think he only has size 8's though:
http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/Venitex-Leather-Gloves-size-8

I also have some Hestra's, which I like too but they are coming to the end of their life after 6/7 seasons.....
snow report
silk liner gloves from ebay..awsome
snow report
Quote:

HammondR wrote:

@HanageTo,

I have some of these too - brilliant and ridiculous value - although you're not selling them with the bin man image

I also have some Hestra's, which I like too but they are coming to the end of their life after 6/7 seasons.....

They are ok until they get wet, i wore mine for one day last season admittedly it was a wet day, but they dried out overnight to be solid blocks and totally unusable. Annoying thing is, I bought 2 pair!
ski holidays
I always faff over getting the right gloves. I had a very cheap set the first year from Mountain Warehouse (I think?); they kept me warm but were near impossible to dry out and didn't breathe at all.

Given that I was learning at the time, they were very unpleasant to put on after day three. Gross Shocked
snow conditions
northantsred wrote:
Quote:

HammondR wrote:

@HanageTo,

I have some of these too - brilliant and ridiculous value - although you're not selling them with the bin man image

They are ok until they get wet, i wore mine for one day last season admittedly it was a wet day, but they dried out overnight to be solid blocks and totally unusable. Annoying thing is, I bought 2 pair!

Well they are leather and need to be treated. I treated mine with leather waterproofing/conditioning cream and they were fine - didn't absorb any water.
ski holidays
@nemesys

Ditto.

If people RTFM their Hestra gloves would be waterproof and would last a verrry long time. rolling eyes
latest report
Any ideas on the leki scale glove
snow report
for skiers on a budget, get yourself down to a garden centre, get the leather gloves with a sheepskin lining, prob no more than 15-20 quid!!
latest report
mr ted wrote:
for skiers on a budget, get yourself down to a garden centre, get the leather gloves with a sheepskin lining, prob no more than 15-20 quid!!

So get two pairs intended for skiing from decathlon or something intended for the garden for the same price.... Mmmm...
latest report
polc1410 wrote:
mr ted wrote:

So get two pairs intended for skiing from decathlon or something intended for the garden for the same price.... Mmmm...

During my last season in Meribel a few years back I noticed that a lot of the lifties wore the same light brown leather gloves. So I asked a couple of them where they got them from. Weldom was the answer, the local DIY shop in Moutiers. The lifties told me they work in them and often ski in them too.

I think they probably know what they're talking about when it comes to gloves, to be fair.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy