Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels in Moutiers or Bourg Saint Maurice

Poster: A snowHead
In my never ending quest to save a few pennies and maximise my time on the slopes I've booked Friday afternoon flights to Geneva for my week in La Plagne.

I land at 6.00pm on the 6th March but can't check in to the chalet until the 7th. I'm planning on driving the 2 hours to the foot of the mountain the night before so I can get up the mountain early.

Can anyone recommend somewhere cheap and cheerful for 1 nights stay near or in Moutiers or Bourg. I've looked on-line and most places are full.

Cheers

Bertie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Albertville. More hotels & only a extra 30 minutes away.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the prompt response. Looked at Albertville but still not a great choice. If push comes to shove then I have a world of choice in Annecy which is only 1hr 45 away.

Hopefully someone on here will have a contact/recommendation for someone closer.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here are a couple that may help that are closer to La Plagne

La Tourmaline in Aime

L'Adray Longefoy

La Palanbo Aime
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Relais de la Vanoise, hostellrie du Petit St Bernard, or Arolla in Bourg S M. Only 10 mins back to the turn off for La Plagne (traffic permitting).
No particular recommendations for Moutiers...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is a little B&B here in Villarlurin you might want to take a look at

http://www.latabledaurelie.fr/

or Chalet Savoie Faire up in Naves

http://www.chaletsavoiefaire.com/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For La Plagne, I suggest you look at Aime
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For one night try Chill Chalet in Bourg st Maurice - about 50 metres from the station.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We stayed in La Léchère, which is a couple of miles from Moutieres on the road from Albertville, a few years ago. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the hotel but it was quite big and prominently visible from the main road leading into Moutieres. As I recall it was quite cheap and cheerful - fine for a night before heading up the mountain. Booking.com show a number of hotels there but none ring a bell as the name of "our" hotel. You might be able to find one among these though.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got it from Trip Advisor:

La Cabriere, Chateau Feuillet, 73260 La Lechere, France

Can't remember the price etc but as I said, it was fine for a stopover (as the first review of Trip Advisor confirms)!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I recently stayed in Hotel Arolla in Bourg. The rooms were pretty small but pleasant and an easy stroll to the supermarket and a number of nice little restaurants.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmmm, wonder who Patch is in real life. Villarlurin B & B is a good shout.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can recommend both of Patch's recommendation! If you want to start your holiday in style then go to Chalet Savoie Faire. It won't break the bank but is pure luxury and Nikki, the Australian owner, serves epic food!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Who would have thought that Villarlurin would be such a hotbed of snowheads action?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for all the recommendations.

Aime was a good recommendation. Found a hotel near the supermarket which means we can fill up the car with Fuel and vino before we head up the mountain.
ski holidays
If you don't mind something more hostely try The Loft in Bourg or Chill Chalet both of which are cheap and cheerful.
ski holidays
3valleysofpow wrote:
Hmmm, wonder who Patch is in real life.

Unintentional Man of Mystery
snow report
Ah it's all happening in little ol' Villarlurin. Toofy Grin
snow report
Hotel Angival in Bourg does single night stays. We stayed there around the same time last year for similar reason to you - not posh, but good value good location.
snow report
try http://www.hotellesterrasses.com/ great little 2 star just after Chambery , onoy 45 minutes to slopes the morniong after
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy