Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FWT 2015

Poster: A snowHead
Starts tomorrow:

http://freerideworldtour.com/news/chamonix-mont-blanc-event-confirmed-sat-24th-both-juniors-and-pros
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@meh, well I had a great Saturday watching. Course I might be slightly biased due to the results in the Womens Ski! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@midgetbiker, Eva did great eh?! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Markymark29, she really did. Honestly i think in the conditions two things really helped her: her years of experience as a downhill racer and the Preachers ability to carve and cut through the snow (over other freeride skis, including others in our range).

Before the event she had commented to the presenters that she was still below full strength, and after the run she told my wife that she had hammered down so fast she had missed one of her intended features, so there is better to come i hope. i think she was marked high because of the control she demonstrated in less than ideal freeride snow.

ah, time for some more smileys i think: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Speaking of conditions, I don't know where the snow on that face materialised from because I could swear it didn't have that much coverage a few days before the event.

Great that GBR's own Sascha Hamm placed second in men's snowboard too!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Zero_G, Yes, Sascha's result was awesome too. Pretty amazing he can punch at that weight when he's not a full time athlete.

I imagine the EchoBase crew might have enjoyed a few beers in the Lanchers on Saturday night given their support for both Whitedot & Sascha.

shame I wasn't there Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
midgetbiker wrote:
@Zero_G, Yes, Sascha's result was awesome too. Pretty amazing he can punch at that weight when he's not a full time athlete.
Probably because snowoarding's not a proper sport... wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You might say that, I couldn't possibly comment.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah it was great. Fabio Studer's crash was pretty scary and the amount of falls in general shows the snow conditions were tricky. Was definitely awesome to see Eva come back and win straight out of the gate. In general the commentary, presentation and general organisation seemed much better as well. It was much less painful to watch online than previous years.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
meh wrote:
It was much less painful to watch online than previous years.

Ha, no it wasn't:

I had spent maybe an hour watching in the kitchen whilst painting with my daughter, we were Chromecasting from an Andoid tablet. Half way through the Womens Snowboard field I decided it would be a brilliant idea to up and move to the lounge to screen mirror onto the big TV via an Amazon TV box. Five minutes later having lost the connection the Chromecast and failed to establish one with the Fire, the bloody webcast wouldn't even play on the tab whether I was on DailyMotion or via the FWT site.
A fair amount of swearing later and a quick switch to the office to fire up the laptop & monitor; at least I saw the run (just). Bloody infuriating to then see the missus leaning on the fence at the finish enclosure looking all pleased and casual.

So it was plenty painful, not that it was FWT's fault, I don't expect we'll see a Yorkshire round anytime soon.

Though I could have a word with Dot, he pulled it of in Scotland (qualifier anyway).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Damn, was happily still snug in bed, watching today's Fieberbrunn event on my iPad – the perfect hangover activity, I'll admit. So, a real pity that the event was stopped, though I can understand why. Not sure why it went ahead in the first place with all of that exposed vegetation...

I haven't found any further news online about Ashley's injury – anyone have any imfo?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Zero_G, only that she was conscious when lifted off the mountain and had sustained a leg injury.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Left a chunk of leg on the mountain according to her Instagram. Just catching up with the womens runs now.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
meh wrote:
Left a chunk of leg on the mountain according to her Instagram

Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeah it was season ending but nothing broken so it must have been pretty nasty.
snow report
Lets see if this works:

Well no broken bones but my comp season is done, I left a massive piece of my leg on the venue, but I'm alive!! Feeling like #FlyinRyanHawks was looking out for me today, it could have been totally different! Feeling #blessed
snow conditions
Now Julian Lopez triggers a pretty huge slide hiking up to get his ski after crashing:
http://www.skipass.com/news/115179-fwt-l-avalanche-de-julien-lopez.html

ski holidays
Shocked Shocked the pics showing the crown cracking... those blocks of snow are huge! Very, very lucky chap.

Does anyone know where I can watch the entire Chamonix event online? I've searched but have only found the best of/highlights. Looking for the same for the Fieberbrunn runs to date.
snow report
It's on Daily Motion there is a playlist for each event with each riders run edited out of the live stream. They also stick up GoPro footage of each run later. Will find a link when I'm on a sensible computer.
ski holidays
Thanks meh, have found it now, buried a few pages in. In case anyone else wants a full replay of the live webcast (all 5 hrs of it), it's here.
ski holidays
Awesome comp today. Sam Smoothy basically blew everyone out of the water.
latest report
@meh, that was a great line - he's an animal!
snow conditions
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h3n5q_run-of-smoothy-sam-nzl-swatch-freeride-world-tour-2015-in-vallnord-arcalis-and-by-the-north-face_sport
ski holidays
GoPro footage of Sam Smoothy's run.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h7ejw_gopro-run-of-smoothy-sam-nzl-swatch-freeride-world-tour-2015-in-vallnord-arcalis-and-by-the-north-fa_sport
ski holidays
Go Sam!
He is a friend of The Lass and a very nice bloke.
The reason he did so badly in Chamonix was because his boot buckle broke off as he tightened them up for his run. He almostcame out of his boot on the first feature and just had to straitline the rest of it for self preservation.
ski holidays
A couple of really burly crashes there but a much better venue than the last Andorran comp. Winning run is another must watch, not quite as crazy as Sam Smoothy's but up there!
latest report
How did Stefan Hausl get on?
snow conditions
@Markymark29, sorry I don't remember which I guess mean mid-field somewhere. Very Happy

There were a lot of very similar runs.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@meh, no worries, 7th......good run
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy