Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowhead Bashes- I know-wrong forum

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title says I know this is not strictly the place but it seems you need a special key or something to get into the snowEvents area!?
Having read quite a bit on here about previous and upcoming events I am thinking about one for next season. I have to keep costs as low as poss to encourage other half to sign off the authorisation slip so was wondering which Bash is usually the cheapest generally- ( I know a lot depends on personal travel plans/beer money/ski hire etc) but a rough idea/ball park figure would help and what sort of time of year are the dates/costs/locations etc posted? I'm hoping for the first time to do two trips in one season with the Bash being the second so would be good to have an idea of targets to aim for.
Sorry about the wrong forum bit-hope it won't break the internet or anything. If you want to cut and paste it elsewhere feel free!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@broadsman, you can post in the snowEvents forum if you;ve registered interest in one of the current events

there's a thread which details all the planned events and which is updated when date are confirmed, when events become bookable etc.

as to price, couldn';t honestly say which is cheapest, all are good value for money. The january bashes are generally cheaper because prices in January are cheaper, but thatmight clash with your planned other trip....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@nbt, Thanks-it did not seem right to register and interest with no plans to go until next year, but if that works then I will register an interest
No clashing potential as nothing booked or even thought about yet-still got this years to look forward to!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
#an interest
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@nbt, just registered for the April one (even though unless I find a large sum of cash under the carpet I won't be there) and everything still seems ok and working!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hard to say what's cheapest. those with a slightly higher headline price may well have more value for money on the mountain.

without looking at actual prices, my guess would be the pre or end of season bashes? (i guess end of season has more self catering than others?)
of the 3 in jan-feb, assuming they go ahead again next year, I'd guess those 3 consecutive weeks are in order cheapest to least cheapest. but the best value for money can be had by doing a double week (eg 12 day pass much cheaper than 2 6 day passes).

and when the pages for next season's bashes go up varies a lot. this year was very early. some years has been as late as dec 23rd for a bash in jan/feb. just keep paying attention from ca. august/sept (or all summer).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think the bash in Livigno had the most bang for your money. I thought it was sub 500 pounds, incl airport transfer, ski pass, and either ski hire or ski lessons for a few days. It seems the accommodation was on the piste or nearly, and they were blessed with some awesome powder. Admin, Custard the Rabbit and the others were raving about it.

As it seems to be geared towards skiers taking a newbie out, it's ideal for me and OH, and I'm pleased to say, I've convinced him to go to the Livigno bash next year. He can do his lessons, and I can go off with the other skiers that have already learned to ski some years ago (see how delicately I put that? you must be impressed!!!). Then meet up after skiing, or possibly for lunch, depending. For us, the ideal situation. Can't wait!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@andy, ta very much
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andy wrote:
hard to say what's cheapest. those with a slightly higher headline price may well have more value for money on the mountain.

without looking at actual prices, my guess would be the pre or end of season bashes? (i guess end of season has more self catering than others?)
of the 3 in jan-feb, assuming they go ahead again next year, I'd guess those 3 consecutive weeks are in order cheapest to least cheapest. but the best value for money can be had by doing a double week (eg 12 day pass much cheaper than 2 6 day passes).

and when the pages for next season's bashes go up varies a lot. this year was very early. some years has been as late as dec 23rd for a bash in jan/feb. just keep paying attention from ca. august/sept (or all summer).

Yes, depends on when Admin can strike the right deal, and how difficult the negotiating party is....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd have to agree with @HeidiAmsterdam, that overall Livigno is probably the cheapest and also probably the least complicated as it's inclusive of everything except flights. Hope admin runs it again next year as it was a great week and I'll definately be pushing buttons.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@adithorp, when I spoke to Admin in Kronplatz, he seemed very keen and definitive to repeat that one. Did you do lessons, or did you ski? It looks like if Admin puts up buttons, we'll be pushing! I do think @andy, should join us though...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@HeidiAmsterdam, I was skiing (well thats what I claim to be doing) but my mate pigeondave was there having never skied before. His write up in the MyasHBash thread is pretty good. I suspect it might grow a bit next year from this years intimate numbers.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Admin said we will take over the whole hotel/pension and have overflow space next door, but eat in the HQ pension.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy