Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone stayed at Clubhotel Beausoleil in Alpe D'huez?

Poster: A snowHead
Evening all, I have come across this hotel in ADH.

when we skied the area last year we ate in the "pubby" bit most lunch times, and it didn't seem to bad.

I've done a search on here and the only mention I could find is from a 6-7 year old thread.

I am FULLY aware that it is geared up to schoolchildren (we are two 40 year olds).

But how bad can it be.

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also any advice on what ricketski is like as a TO.

Thanks in advance

K
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stayed there 4 years ago.

Pros:
Convenient - ski in / ski out.
Reasonable bar and balcony.
Cheap

Cons:

The place is absolutely overrun with kids (during our stay anyway)
Evening meals are incredibly noisy. Reminded me of being back at school in the dining hall - not really relaxing (we ate out after the second night)
Food was average
Rooms very basic, but functional

As a base for a cheap week away its fine, but don't go expecting anything above average.

Never heard of ricketski
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

The place is absolutely overrun with kids (during our stay anyway)
Evening meals are incredibly noisy. Reminded me of being back at school in the dining hall - not really relaxing (we ate out after the second night)
Food was average
Rooms very basic, but functional

This. Rocketski is the adult holiday bit of Skiplan - you are filling the gaps they haven't managed to sell to schools. On the plus side, this usually makes it cheap.

The couple who run the Beau have been doing it for several seasons and have worked fot the company in various places for years. They know what they're doing and generally train a good staff team. You should bank on decent basic accommodation, nice people and a lot of noisy kids/teenagers. When I managed hotels for Skiplan/Skibound I used to get a lot of adults who treated the place as a B&B and just went out for dinner/to the bars in the evenings.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Lizzard,

Didint work in serre che did you about 15 years ago
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How noisy is noisy?

Don't mind people being excite able, after all were on holiday.

But being excite able at 2 in the morning gets me looking like Mad Mad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I used to work for skibound in club hotels and the school groups were nearly always we behaved. Just noisy like kids can be. Usually in bed by 10pm. Unless they were a collage group who could have been a bit later. They were usually up pretty early as they had to get breakfast and ready and out for ski school.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed there last christmas so there wasn't that many kids there, but the hotel has just been done up and its absolutely fine and the location is fantastic! Why not contact rocketski to maybe gauge how many kids and their ages that are staying there ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Timg60, haha, you are Tim Antcliffe and I claim my £5!! Laughing Laughing

It's rare that the Beau doesn't have at least one school in residence, but as @Timg60 says, they're usually in bed early and out for breakfast before the average adult. If you hate children this is probably not the holiday for you, but if you don't mind them then they generally aren't too intrusive - boisterous but usually well behaved. You can also tell them what to do as long as you're polite about it - 'could you be a bit quieter there please, thanks' is usually effective.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Lizzard, Used to be Miss Jackson I believe...... Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
And Ive only just looked at your blog to confirm it. Had a funny feeling from your location and the dry wit on your posts....... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Timg60, gosh what a tiny world it is. Please tell me your Cornish location has nothing to do with TJM or anything of its ilk.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh god no....
Married, own a house in St Ives and run a chain of pubs in St ives, Walk to work every day. Paddleboard all summer and only get 2 weeks skiing but have got the wife addicted to snow so have no problem convincing her to get away.....

Should really start a thread elsewhere so as not to clog this one up.

Will pm you my email..
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Stayed there two years ago. Yes there were some other parties of school kids in but their meal times were slightly different to adult guests. Not really any problem with noise, no more that if the place was full of adults in all honesty. Fantastic location though, good value too. We often had lunch there. Wine wasn't included in the meal though which wasn't ideal so check with the TO. When I booked the TO actually said it was, then when I found out it wasn't they gave me some £ towards buying our own. Worked out fine in the end.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@edde, let's face it, the free wine was vile anyway. Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It was always fine after the 10th glass Toofy Grin
latest report
@gad, I've PM'd you.
snow report
AKA the 'Butch' Beausoleil
ski holidays
kiteman69 wrote:
@gad, I've PM'd you.
replied 👍
latest report
Well.............. It wasn't the ritz.

Would we go back there........ Probably not, but this was more down to the room not being clean enough when we arrived.

I wonder if I can claim back the money we spent on dettol wipes, if I tell them to invest in a Hoover that picks up toenails Mad Mad Mad
snow report
kiteman69 wrote:

But how bad can it be.

Now you know...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy