Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria - easy blues/reds, mountain restaurants and trees in Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Any ideas?

I posted a while back looking for ideas for New Year but we've binned the idea (too frantic after Christmas) and are planning half term next year.

We loved Obergurgl - the resort and the huts but I didn't like the height/bleak skiing.

Now we're going in February I'm hoping that this opens up a few more options. Easyish blues/reds would be preferable with some more challenging options/ miles for my husband and the children.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Ski Welt certainly ticks all those boxes.

Parts of it are above the tree line, but quite a bit is below, loads of restaurants, loads of easy reds & blues, more miles than you can do in a week.

Kitzbuhel would also tick most of them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St.Johann in Tyrol
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@RosieL, Take a look at any of the resorts that make up the Ski amadé region
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you- I will check those out. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Saalbach-Hinterglemm! Has it all. Beautiful mountain restaurants, tree skiing and miles of reds and blues.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RWDLYN wrote:
St.Johann in Tyrol

another one for Sankt Johann. small but perfectly formed Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for Skiwelt, personal favourite Westendorf with easy access to Kitzbuhel as well. Great huts behind every tree.

Having said that Austria anywhere I have been!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Schladming, and its only an hour from Salzburg..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Saalbach
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great thanks all, lots to look into!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
not in Austria (though sometimes you'd hardly guess) but the Dolomites tick all those boxes PLUS having far more spectacular scenery than anywhere I've ever skied. Some good ski in/out options too if that appeals.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Schladming or Saalbach.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks - Pam - whereabouts in Italy? We're off to Madonna di C next week! First time skiing in Italy.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@RosieL, Corvara woudl be lovely, easy runs all round but easy access also to harder terrain/miles on the sella ronda,
ski holidays
@RosieL, yes, Corvara would be ideal. This place is in nearby San Cassiano. We skied past it several times this last week - it would be difficult to find anywhere more "ski in/out" and some of the people I was skiing with had stayed there, and said it was fine. http://mountainsunltd.com/skichalets/albergo-frohsinn/

Enjoy Madonna.
latest report
@pam w, yes, I was going to suggest San Cassianio but didn't as I've never been. Hard to b
snow report
I stayed at Albergo frohsinn in 2009. Literally on the piste junction between a red and blue run 50 metres or so above the bubble. 20 minutes skiing to Sella Ronda. On route (almost next to taxi rank) to hidden valley etc. Cheap and cheerful fully catered chalet with in-house skis/boot hire. Can't recommend highly enough. Enjoy!!
latest report
RosieL wrote:
Any ideas?

I posted a while back looking for ideas for New Year but we've binned the idea (too frantic after Christmas) and are planning half term next year.

We loved Obergurgl - the resort and the huts but I didn't like the height/bleak skiing.

Now we're going in February I'm hoping that this opens up a few more options. Easyish blues/reds would be preferable with some more challenging options/ miles for my husband and the children.

Thanks!

Saalbach/Hinterglemm

Highest proportion of fast lifts anywhere supposedly; 200km of mostly blue and red piste.

More accessible slopes than much of Ski Welt and certainly than Kitzbuhel.
ski holidays
mugen wrote:
RWDLYN wrote:
St.Johann in Tyrol

...but must have been horrid last year as slopes very low (albeit north facing). Drove past it on way back from Kitzbuhel and it looked grim. Shouldn't be a problem this year, but very small if hubby wants to crunch the miles.
snow report
Thanks again, Saalbach is the favourite at the moment. It looks great and I like the sound of the mountain huts!
snow report
buchanan101 wrote:
mugen wrote:
RWDLYN wrote:
St.Johann in Tyrol

...but must have been horrid last year as slopes very low (albeit north facing). Drove past it on way back from Kitzbuhel and it looked grim. Shouldn't be a problem this year, but very small if hubby wants to crunch the miles.

But it is very central, and if you get a Kitzbuhel Allstar pass that gives you access to the Kitzbuhel area (including free 12 minute train there), to the Ski Welt (accessible by not very expensive post bus in under 20 minutes), to the Leogang-Saalbach-Hinterglemm area (20 minute train and ski bus, not sure that train is free though) and a couple of other areas you won't reach without your own transport.

I stayed in St Johann this year, and skied 5 different areas in my 6 days. Admittedly, I did spend three of those days with espri, but only one of the three was in an area I couldn't have easily reached for free anyhow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy