Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Older flow binding discs.

Poster: A snowHead
Hello, Last week I managed to lose my 10 year old flow binding discs (long story, apparently one was spotted next to the Tuffs lift in Tignes!!). Thought it would be easy to find replacements when I got home but I'm struggling to find them for the older flow binding. I have emailed the flow distributer for UK and an online shop which has the newer size to see if they can help, waiting on them getting back.

Is there anyone on here breaking an old set of flows for spares or know of a shop that can help me out? Annoying cos the bindings are in great condition.

Any help would be great, thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take it as a sign from the snow gods... wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowboard bindings I assume?

If so I have 2 sets for sale
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What are you selling? all I need is the discs.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A long shot is you could try this (possibly his name is philshott) snowboards4u on 01590610466 I think he used to run Chiswick boardwise .
If the old south shops fail I would ring the scotland shops I bet someone older has a set if you try hard enough.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks will try that, I live quite near Aviemore so was going to try the shops there too.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If anyone out there has a burton UNIDISC could they tell me the diameter and number of teeth? I think it might be compatable.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
100mm dia. I cant count the teeth.
You also have disc thickness and angle of the teeth too consider id be surprised if they fit.
One of the best things about burton is spare parts yet its only one of the worst about flow .
Hopefully flow gets back to you if not email them stateside this has worked for me in Europe and the states as brit distributors run hot and cold .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Tirol, will do.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@slide away, Burton discs are 3° increments, so should be 120 teeth. Teeth count isn't the only issue though (most manufacturers use 3° increments). The depth and length of the teeth, the disc diameter and the disc thickness are all important.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sounds like an interesting 3d print project !
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah my flow base plates have 120 teeth, I've ordered a set of burton discs but I think they are going to be too small 10cm diameter when I need 11cm ideally. can always return them I suppose. Never thought I would have this much difficulty finding them.

3D printing a set could be the way forward. Like your thinking.

emailed flow UK but no reply, cant find an email for flow US and cant get through when I call them.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@slide away, I have some flows and I don't see why they would not 3d print in ABS. The detail on the teath would be the question. However we did a similar design and it came out well.

The real trick will be to find a cad designer to recreate the part in cad.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I know nothing about 3D printing, what is ABS? I've got a mate who is a wizz on CAD tho and I'm sure he could size up drawings for me. Can you send drawings to a 3D printing company and get them to produce stuff from drawings? off to google it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sounds like an awful faff for some not very good in the first place bindings? As much as I love a tinker.
snow report
I don't think I'd be happy using a 3D printed part on such a high-stress, safety-critical application as a binding disc, TBH. For all the hassle and potential snappage, would the OP not be better off getting a pair of old flows off eBay and cannibalising them for parts? Or just buying some new ones?
snow report
@HandyHand, Depends what you print it in. Don't forget that the aeroplane you fly to slopes in probably has 3d printed components. Not to mention those nuclear power stations Wink

But you are right. Cheaper and less phaff for sure to try and find an old one.
ski holidays
Had a look at 3D printing, bit too complicated for myself. Good suggestion tho. Hunting around Ebay seems to be the easiest route.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy