Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summit Evolve goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does Anyone have any expeience with the summit evolve goggle. Would it be better than a boll modulator goggle or not whit is it like to ride with
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@HanageTo, I can only tell you about the summit goggles, since I don't have any experience with the bolles, so can't compare the two.

First off, they're pretty big, so would fit a larger face. They offer a very wide FOV, so from that aspect they're great. The triple - layer foam is super - comfy, I never noticed them on my face.
The lens - changing really takes about 5 seconds, no more. Simply pull the lens off, bring the spare one close to the goggle and the magnets pull it into its place (you don't even have to aim).

There's a silicon line that runs inside the length of the strap all the way, so they never slip off the helmet (if you plan on using them with one).

The downside? During a heavy snow fall, the top 1/2" - 1" of the lens did fog up. In fairness, I do give off more body heat than the average person Smile, but it's just something I wanted to mension. Another reason for this could also be that they fit really tight with my helmet (it's one of those with a beak) so it completely covers the ventilation ports on top of the goggle.

The blue bird lens performed very well, the low light lens... I'm not sure. We had a couple of days of complete whiteouts and I did struggle. Did I struggle more than everyone else (and everybody else did struggle).... Again, not sure.
They did help, since the couple of times I removed them, I couldn't see a thing. But I would have loved to have had a chance to compare them back-to-back with a lens that is a proven performer in those conditions (such as Smith's Blue Sensor Mirror or Oakley's HI Amber).

And that's about it. Oh, and they do come with a nice, rigid, good quality case that offers great protection.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@snowglider, Would you recomend them
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@HanageTo, That's what I've been thinking...and why I actually stopped short of recommending them. I honestly don't know.
If I could compare the low light lens to another one that is a known great performer, and it performed similarly - I'd say they're an absolute steal. I think even this way they represent a good value. But I've just got that nagging doubt about the low light lens.

Btw I forgot - there's no visual distortion. They're very clear optically. I got them after I read somwhere here on the forum that the lenses are made by Cebe so, if true, they should be good. I'll see if I can find that thread for you.
Maybe someone else who knows a bit more about it can chime in?

Sorry I can't answer your question definitively & hope this is helpful to you
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy