Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Jump

Poster: A snowHead
Louis is so funny.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well since the World Championship race has been cancelled. I may have to watch tonight to get my snow fix. This is despite what I said earlier Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
halfhand wrote:
Well since the World Championship race has been cancelled. I may have to watch tonight to get my snow fix. This is despite what I said earlier

It's got to be more entertaining than Ski Sunday thus far this year( I hate it when they lower the start gates for safety reasons Evil or Very Mad ) which is a shame as I like Graham and Ed.

I'd go so far as saying Ed is underused as I think he could put his hand to other genres like travel/blog programmes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
He already does. He does the Red Bull Diving
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And Red Bull X-Fighters (with Rob Warner, of mostly MTB fame, with filthy language but can tone it down when on anything professional)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Is Wozza still the skiing coach this year?

Yes. he popped up at the start gate for the air jump and was doing some of the ski coaching for the slalom. I'd like to see more of Warren Smith in the programme but maybe he just doesn't have the same recognition that Graham Bell does.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
he didnt take to 'lady hervey' did he Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm really enjoying the jump at the mo. I know everyone's hating on Davina but I'll say I actually think she's alright. She has a giggle and is clearly a nice person who can build good rapport with people. Did anyone else yesterday get the feeling that "lady v" is somewhat disliked because of her arrogant attitude?!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@FiFi_Trixibell, I love Davina
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quite amazed at Steve 'O 's heart rate at the start of his jump, would of thought it would be a lot lower, considering some of the crazy shite he has down in the past.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Seems that nobody really likes her. I think Davina seems less annoying than last season.

The thing that makes me cringe/giggle is hearing Joey Essex say "ream' repeatedly. He should really check out urban dictionary...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I d say Lady V is hated by almost all of the others and supporting cast.......Warren Smith & GB i don t think have any time for her.......

Jodie Kidd hates her.........

But she only has herself to blame.......in the footage shown she is a jumped up, silver spoon fed, lazy, toff bitch.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
"Sweden is a country Joey"
"Is it?"
Should have got some 11yr old girl to carry Lady Hervey's skis. Never done a bit of graft in her life.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FiFi_Trixibell wrote:
. Did anyone else yesterday get the feeling that "lady v" is somewhat disliked because of her arrogant attitude?!

Yep, did you see the dirty look that she gave Jodie kidd when Jodie wished Steve-O good luck. I'm gutted that Jodie is out.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@handbag, Jodie never misses a chance to wind Lady V up. I actually see things the other way that everyone is ganging up on Lady V - due to jealousy maybe. I think the ski instructor picked on her unfairly too.

If you've been skiing for years and feeling confident it can not be easy having your technique picked apart on TV. She was the only woman who beat the men so her skiing cannot have been that bad.
ski holidays
OK. Here are the full slalom timings:

16.90s Mike Tindall
16.93s Louise Thompson:
17.88s JB Gill
18.01s Louise Hazel
18.15s Lady V
18.67s Steve O
19.48s Jon-Allan Butterworth
19.75s Joey Essex
19.86s Chloe Madeley
20.48s Stacey Solomon

Lady V came 5th out of 10 so not a great result for an experienced skier. Well off the pace of Louise Thompson by comparison.

Yes, she's getting a bit of stick for being posh and not being willing to take some good advice from Graham Bell and Warren Smith. But what does she think she's there for. If you play nice and take part in the fun and games then you'll end up looking good on TV, if you stand aloof and don't open up to help and advice from the experts then you won't look so good. Different strokes for different folks though so it all makes for good TV.
ski holidays
I suppose if you gave Steve O the jump in a supermarket trolley, he would have gone a little bit further than he did on skis!! Smile
snow report
I don't think Lady V is being shown in good light - but it is a TV show and ultimately it is the editor that decides how to portray each individual and what to put in each programme (admittedly though they need the material to start with). Same with Joey, same with Stacey etc etc.
IMV There will be a high degree of manipulation as bland characters aren't half as interesting.
ski holidays
How could Stacey not care if the others beat her or not? She is too nice. Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

Did anyone else yesterday get the feeling that "lady v" is somewhat disliked because of her arrogant attitude?!

We all hate her in the Boris household

@snowymum, I got the feeling she was hoping to get knocked out - she was so pleased when she was!
ski holidays
My left nut has more charisma than Lady V.

Agree with everyone who says that Davina is annoying, I'm not quite sure why she keeps getting presenting work.
latest report
On the basis on one and bit episodes the whole thing seems a bit forced an unnatural to me particularly the bits in the bar with all that "hey, we're, wacky, zany, hardcore ski party animals". It just doesn't come across naturally and totally lacking in atmosphere despite Davina's "crazy" efforts.
snow conditions
What cracks me up most, when they are all in the bar, is the jostling and posing that most of them are doing to get their fame-desperate faces in prime position for the cameras. The same thing happens when they are 'commiserating' with the losing jumper at the end of the show.
I still end up watching it though, even if I am hoping for a spectacular crash or two. Preferably including some reality 'star' taking out Davina during the jump eliminator.... 2 birds 1 stone.
ski holidays
Good fun but not as much as last year when they were dropping like flies due to injury-it was hilarious carnage!
I think they have had to water it down a bit after last year but there is still time to see some 'C' listers doing themselves damage Very Happy
snow report
@Rikster, they took three out during the prep for the show this year... they said that the one from Strictly Come Dancing may never dance again!
snow conditions
@halfhand, although I get the impression that Tuffnell and Posh Dom really are only there for the beer. They certainly looked half cut the other day.
snow report
Rikster wrote:
Good fun but not as much as last year when they were dropping like flies due to injury-it was hilarious carnage!
I think they have had to water it down a bit after last year but there is still time to see some 'C' listers doing themselves damage Very Happy

Last year they were all puddled on those trays of schnapps that kept appearing!! I notice the inebriated presenter they had last year giving Davina a hand has been dropped from this years programme. I've seen more sober people in Bar Street in San Antonio !! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Louis not being so full of it tonight, turns out he's not that in to bobsleigh.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's one hell of a wipeout by Tindall.
latest report
Please mayor can you shake the ball bag

And

The other mayor ball bag comments.

Classic.
snow report
@ansta1, cheap shots at the local mayor's expense... Poor bloke was only doin them a favour.
snow report
@dode, And getting rather boring with her repeating the joke
ski holidays
@dode, and she keep making them, almost with a straight face....
ski holidays
I don't understand this format. Why are they drawing balls out of the hat in the first place? That ended up as the best time against the second best time overall, yet one of them has to jump off. Seems like it would be more logical to take the worst times and make them jump.

Is it just so that the good ones have more likelihood to do the jump at some point?? I don't really get it.
snow report
Dav wrote:
I don't understand this format. Why are they drawing balls out of the hat in the first place? That ended up as the best time against the second best time overall, yet one of them has to jump off. Seems like it would be more logical to take the worst times and make them jump.

Well in the skeleton they deliberately paired them so that they went with the closest person on time.

There just doesn't seem to be any concept of it being the worst performers overall in each event who have to jump.
ski holidays
alex_heney wrote:
Dav wrote:

Well in the skeleton they deliberately paired them so that they went with the closest person on time.

There just doesn't seem to be any concept of it being the worst performers overall in each event who have to jump.

Who gives a floop. There's snow and tomorrow it's ski cross. wink
snow report
I watched 10 minutes of this since so many seem to be enjoying it. Terrible, terrible crap. Bob-sleigh, they are only passengers. I also have no idea who any of these "celebrities" are. Oh well. Clearly I'm just a grumpy old man, I know that.
snow conditions
I'm another middle aged fart who thought it was pretty poor last night. The ball bag jokes were beyond lame.
ski holidays
I'm sure the whole 'pairing off' of competitors is just the producers trying to mix it up a bit and inject a bit of drama and tension into the proceedings. If it was just:

- everyone race
- last 4 jump off

then it would be fairly boring, no real drama and quickly over. At least this way it becomes

- Can Lady V beat Jodie (Mike Tindall beat louis Spence, etc)
- Lets throw in a jump to break things up
- Do another pair off - "would the nice lady give the Mayor's ball bag a good shake" (excruciatingly awful)
- etc

Yes, it's bad but it has it's attractions. It might even evolve into something halfway decent. I'd say this years format is better than last years.

Tonight is Ski Cross and that should be quite entertaining. It would be good to see them do it more than once with some kind of heats as otherwise it'll only be 4 minutes of actual event.
snow report
Rikster wrote:
'C' listers Very Happy

Really? That high up the alphabet?

Chloe Madely's claim to fame is that she is the daughter of Richard and Judy! That is very sad..........
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy