Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Jump

Poster: A snowHead
Shocked and stunned, fair play! Very Happy

I guess he has the build for the jumping.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great, the slopes are going to be full of orange fake baked morons next season now, mind you have you ever been to Val.......
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fair do's to Joey. He deserved to win and his jump was really very good. He really gave it a go whereas the others just played it safe. His landing was a bit shaky and he could easily have fallen but he didn't.

Not at all the result I expected but he really tried when it mattered and it paid off.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was it really live though. Someone mentioned Steve O falling in training earlier today. He got knocked out days ago.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm pretty sure it is broadcast live (apart from the recorded bits).

I did notice the Steve O comment but suspect that the either said the wrong name or maybe they still let the knocked out celebrities take part in the practice sessions. To a certain extent they have to in case there are some injuries and they need replacements to stand in.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Broadcast with a 15 minute delay just in case anything goes wrong, but that's more or less live in broadcasting terms
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
to admit my level of sadness...i watched the live pre-show on E4 - Steve O did a jump then just before the main show went live...he crashed.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jafa wrote:
Was it really live though. Someone mentioned Steve O falling in training earlier today. He got knocked out days ago.

Steve O begged to do the Big Hill jump even though he was out. It was shown on the E4 Apres - he crashed.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am still amazed that Joey managed to beat 2 very competitive Athletes. Not to mention what is the point of the big hill if they jump further of the middle one. Very strange.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I, for one, accept Joey Essex as the new face of British Skiing and welcome him as the ambassador of your sport.

Us poor old snowboarders will just have to make do with our Olympic medalist... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What was it Joey said about snowboarding? Something along the lines of "I thought snowboarding would be my thing. It would be cool. But I hate it and I'm never going to do it again."

Sounds like a worthy ambassador for skiers.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jake43 wrote:
I am still amazed that Joey managed to beat 2 very competitive Athletes. Not to mention what is the point of the big hill if they jump further of the middle one. Very strange.

It's about the technique, Joey got a reasonable "pop" as he launched off the middle jump. In comparison, Louise H just cruised off the end of the "big" jump
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nbt wrote:
Jake43 wrote:

It's about the technique, Joey got a reasonable "pop" as he launched off the middle jump. In comparison, Louise H just cruised off the end of the "big" jump

I appreciate that I have done it on a wii (hence I am an expert wink ) just can't see why people with good coordination can't get a pop. I could see why I would not be able to land but the actual jump should be reasonably easy. Only thing I can think of is that they crashed out so often trying to land they did not actually want to jump very far?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

just can't see why people with good coordination can't get a pop

I'm sure the difficulty isn't getting a pop. It's more likely to be getting a pop and not unbalancing yourself and subsequently falling over.

So more likely to not be a case of not wanting to jump very far. Just a case of not wanting to fall over.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
olderscot wrote:
Quote:

just can't see why people with good coordination can't get a pop

I'm sure the difficulty isn't getting a pop. It's more likely to be getting a pop and not unbalancing yourself and subsequently falling over.

So more likely to not be a case of not wanting to jump very far. Just a case of not wanting to fall over.

That is what I thought as most of them did not try very hard to get airborne. I fully appreciate it is the landing that is the tricky bit. I have noticed that jumping off a cornice - it is all fine in the air Shocked
ski holidays
What am I going to do tonight now?! back to normality. Confused
snow report
Fair play to Joey, he hadn't needed to do a jump before last night so in my logic must have been one of the most consistent (even though the qualification to get to jump sometimes seemed a little strange!).

As for beating Tindall and Hazell, if you can't nail a good jump when it matters.... tindall jumped 18m earlier in the week, but had since completely stacked it, perhaps he'd just lost his bottle a little. Even though it didn't really show from his heart rate.
ski holidays
As I remember from last year, their distance only counts if they land it, so they had to be sure of that first, and only go for a distance they were pretty sure of landing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy