Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Jump

Poster: A snowHead
On now. Over 100km an hour on the skeleton Bob for Louis Spence. Respect.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I love this programme , wish I was a minor celeb I'd be bashing the door down , great bar as well
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Me too @Rob Mackley,
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Throughly enjoyed it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As a girl, can I just say I LOVED Davina's SOS ski suit. And I'm already a little bit enjoying this series.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I love watching it. Although Louis Spence is very irritating. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bit sad to lose Dom so early on. I get the feeling that they have practised the jump more year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Countryfile was pretty good wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Brilliant, after last year can't believe they managed to get another series
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I really like it but can't stand Davina. Alex Brooker was better. Always funny to watch Mr Bell trying his best to get more Nevica airtime by popping up in the background of the shots in the bar. Disappointed Dom went, I thougt he'd be good entertainment.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowymum wrote:
I love watching it. Although Louis Spence is very irritating. Toofy Grin

Irritating? Understatment of the year!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Louis spence..... Awful. All about him.... Hideous
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stefoy4me wrote:
Louis spence..... Awful. All about him.... Hideous

+1
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Louis Spence is very annoying, but way less than Davina. In a tw@t shootout she would beat almost everyone. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jon Butterworth is very impressive sort of nutter isn't he?
Likewise wish someone would pay me to have a go at all these sports!
snow report
lampygirl wrote:
.......Always funny to watch Mr Bell trying his best to get more Nevica airtime by popping up in the background of the shots in the bar..

And they have gone to extraordinary lengths to blank out all the other clothing logos on kit being worn if you look closely tonight!

And yes, respect for hurtling down on a tin tray at 100kph

And surely Tindall's strategy will see him win the comp as he's probably by far the best jumper so will never be booted out!
ski holidays
I wish they'd change the format so that no one was booted out - they just had a scoring system for each event.
snow conditions
I thought the format was a bit odd anyway. I'm sure they said they paired off the competitors to their nearest challenger and then they race off against each other. So the winner of the two slowest gets to go through to the next round while the slower of the two fastest competitors ends up in the jump off. Puzzled

So I guess Tindall's strategy makes sense. You will end up in the jump off at some point so all you can do is be as good at it as possible. Mind you, all it takes is one fall and game over.
snow report
@lderscot, yes, I thought that was a very odd setup too. Still, they did say that anyone eliminated might be brought back in if there are injuries - better than last year when the two in the "final" both came in as replacements hlf way through!
snow report
Definitely the format caused me to stop and think. Overall though if it's a new discipline every day the learning curve and general natural ability will come to the fore, so the winners at luge/SBX/skating etc events are more likely to learn to jump quicker too(?).
snow report
Fruity wrote:
As a girl, can I just say I LOVED Davina's SOS ski suit. And I'm already a little bit enjoying this series.

As a boy, so did I.
latest report
I recorded it - and fast forwarded through the bits with the utterly appalling McCall woman! Only way I can bear to watch it.
latest report
I hate these sorts of TV shows but I actually found it very entertaining to watch. Louie Spence mincing it up is just priceless.
snow conditions
chrisrawles wrote:
I hate these sorts of TV shows but I actually found it very entertaining to watch. Louie Spence mincing it up is just priceless.

my thoughts exactly, when he started a sort of 'twerk' in front of Mike Tindall i was expecting the size thirteens to be brought into action. His reaction to Louie was brilliant, wonder if he did actually do the 'forfeit' Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
I've had the pleasure of chatting to Mike Tindall on a number of occasions after Gloucester games; what a great, down-to-earth bloke he is. Also met his mrs once in the Shed Bar at Kingsholm and she was charming, too! Very Happy
snow report
Filthyphil30k wrote:
Fruity wrote:

As a boy, so did I.

Me too.
snow report
I might be not giving them the respect they deserve. but dont they know theyve to JUMP off the end rather than drop off?
Not that Ive ever done it!

Respect maybe.
snow report
I quite enjoyed the snow cross event from last night. It's great to see some real competition in the programme this year.

It's a shame they didn't have something more stable than the snow skates to use as pretty much all the events were decided by people falling over and they didn't get a chance to really mix it up. Quite good fun though. Good to see Mike Tindall push his way past anyone in front of him.

Tonight is Men V Women in slalom so some real skiing involved.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
olderscot wrote:

Shame Heather Mills was knocked out then... even if she is a pushy burd.
snow report
Snow cross was good but it would have been better with 6 at once, would have created more pushing Wink
ski holidays
I enjoyed the snow cross, wouldn't mind having a bash myself! Would have worked just as well (if not better) with all 8 still in the competition...
snow report
Last nights show was worth watching just to see Mike Tindall body-check Joey Essex.
snow conditions
adithorp wrote:
Last nights show was worth watching just to see Mike Tindall body-check Joey Essex.

Gloucester rugby man v Essex youth - no contest! Very Happy
ski holidays
Funny, funny programme. That little Thompson bird is loving the challenges and was a right pocket rocket on the snowcross and skeleton! Looking forward to tonight
latest report
thecramps wrote:
Louis Spence is very annoying, but way less than Davina. In a tw@t shootout she would beat almost everyone. Madeye-Smiley

+1. Solomon, Essex, Spence, Mills, Hervey... and McCall is still the most annoying. By some distance.
snow conditions
@chrisdavis, Are you saying you don't find Jodie Kidd annoying? Toofy Grin Although it is a pity she's out as she was quite entertaining. I'm utterly relieved Spence is out.

Where did Davina get last nights skisuit from? Boden? Laughing
snow report
Louis Spence on jumping the height of 6.45m in the jump off last night

'6.45m Shocked and I can't even say sixsssstthh'. Absolute classic Laughing

He is mildly annoying but his mincing and double entendre/innuendo had me in tears Laughing

Shame some of the potentially better skiers are getting knocked out though.
snow report
@hedley, they'll be back as subs when people get injured
snow report
olderscot wrote:
I quite enjoyed the snow cross event from last night. It's great to see some real competition in the programme this year.

It's a shame they didn't have something more stable than the snow skates to use as pretty much all the events were decided by people falling over and they didn't get a chance to really mix it up. Quite good fun though. Good to see Mike Tindall push his way past anyone in front of him.

The real "Crashed Ice" series is often like this, they have 4 per race. Sometimes it is a real fight, other times 2 fall over early and the front 2 just cruise home

Which is also a bit like SkierX etc

But still good fun last night
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
@hedley, they'll be back as subs when people get injured

Yeah I seem to remember last years winner was catapulted in at the last minute which seemed a bit unfair. Surely better to use one of the ones that have at least taken part in the early rounds.?

They've definitely given the whole show a rethink and a bit more variety is a good thing IMO.

Is Wozza still the skiing coach this year?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy