Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you think there is a business in?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick question do you think there could be any clout in setting up a website selling second hand good quality childrens ski wear?

Thoughts please. Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ebay?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Linnylou26, possibly, especially if you can get the schools TOs to recommend it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Linnylou26, there used to be a well loved 2nd hand kit site called skizog, with an emphasis on kids & racing. It disappeared some months ago, no idea why.

So, there is a market. Whether it's a business is a different question, but I would have thought it would work.

You might want to wrap in some bells & whistles to further differentiate from fleabay.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Linnylou26, I think so, yes. Although I have noticed that there is a lot more choice of reasonably priced/reasonable quality goods now ie Dare2b, Tresspass compared to when my two were younger.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SKiBay on Facebook.

TackMacks for new stuff.

Difficult to see how to differentiate and make a workable margin.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you for your thoughts. I'm going to look into it a little bit more. I'm not really a fan of Ebay as things I have bought in the past seem to be not great quality despite being advertised as hardley used and immaculate.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Linnylou26, maybe if you can incorporate the race side of things as in the site that @under a new name mentions.

I can remember having trouble finding kids kit that was good but reasonably priced - there was a site called Sur La Piste which was good (Cross, Five Seasons etc). The kit performed and lasted well and sold well on ebay afterwards. Now, though as I mentioned above, there are lots of new brands about. For our first ever holiday we borrowed much of our kit (not knowing if we would want to go again Shocked Laughing ) but now you can pick up gear at good prices.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Linnylou26, what are you wanting to generate?

Enough for you to live on, probably not.

Enough for you to buy 1 or 2 ski passes, yes.

I used to buy and sell on ebay.

It already has an audience readily set up for you, and so you don't have to pay for marketing and/or setting up a personalised website.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy