Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Couple of days in Montana - Bridger Bowl or Big Sky?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Long time no post, etc! (Waves to anyone from over there on that there bike site!)

It looks like I'm going to be able to have a couple of days around work commitments in Bozeman, and am trying to decide between the convenience of Bridger and the lure of Big Sky's bigness.

Will be travelling/skiing alone, I suspect, so would like somewhere friendly and welcoming. Never skied in the US before, so nothing to compare it to!

Am comfortable on pretty much anything pisted in Europe, as well as playing in the slack country, tree line stuff at Serre Che for example, but not really a big mountain hucker.

So, Snowheads, which would it be, and why?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Carlos. Big Sky is my 3rd fave resort out of the 51 I have ever skied - so I am a bit biased PLUS I have not skied Bridger............so other than driving by it I cannot offer a comparison.........but my view for wot it's worth would be to go to Big Sky to check out the huuuuuugeness you allude to!!!!!!!!!! The size of the place is absolutely mind-blowing, it has a lot of diversity of runs including some mental Double Diamond Blacks and great views, but is quiet and when you do meet folk they are friendly. Also it has a really fab "mini resort" attached at the back of the mountain called Moonlight Basin that would stack up against some European places in its own right.

So - I would say if you are not sure when you may ski USA again and if this may be the only chance for a while then head for BIG Sky - because it does what it says on the tin as it were. Even the drive from Bozeman is epic! Obviously if you have to go to Montana lots then do whatever feels best. I know whatever you decide you should have a cracking time - Montana is bloody gorgeous and Bozeman is a lovely place to have to put up with - even for work!!!!

All the best and enjoy whatever you decide Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bridger Bowl is a must!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heading to Big Sky for a couple of days this trip, but would have liked to get to Bridger too - no time. Bridger has the more rustic local type hill from what I hear where as Big Sky is the resort type mountain.
Bridger does get good reports and is a place we'll get to eventually Madeye-Smiley So both probably good for different reasons.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all! Have been doing a little bit of looking around at it, and a few things spring to mind. Firstly, as I'll be flying solo, this really appeals;
Quote:

Bridger has the more rustic local type hill from what I hear where as Big Sky is the resort type mountain.

Secondly, don't really want to be driving too far to ski while jetlagged! Very Happy

And thirdly, I've just found out that work have organised a day's skiing as well! Am going to find out, but from talking to them, many of them prefer Big Sky. So, I'd get a couple of days at Bridger on my own, then a day at Big Sky to sample it with people who know the place. This might work out well! Also, likely to be back in Bozeman a couple of times a year, so should have opportunity.

It's an awesome town, I'd agree. Was there a couple of months ago and REALLY didn't want to leave!

Thanks again! Really useful info here, as per!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Carlos the Slackal, great news, keep us informed as to how you get on. I'd be interested to hear the comparison Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds like you've got it all sorted Carlos; nice one! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whatever others say about Big Sky being a "resort", it shouldn't distract from the skiing, which is absolutely fantastic. I've yet to met a single person who doesn't like Big Sky.

Together with Moonlight Basin, Big Sky is bigger than Vail. So keep that in mind.

Due to its location, it simply doesn't have crowds.

Quote:

likely to be back in Bozeman a couple of times a year, so should have opportunity.

If you're going back several times, I'd say that you should plan it like a local: if you have a block of several days, go to Big Sky and enjoy the endless terrain there. But if you only have a day, ski Bridger.

You really don't want to miss either. It's more a matter of which one has more of the terrain YOU like!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I dun did a revoo.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2693922#2693922

Summary - Three days at Bridger. It was ACE!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy