Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dry land training/gym training

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Its 4 weeks til my 3rd and last snowboard hol this season and im wondering about training at home.
Im a sprinter/rugby player and squat powerlift run do pilates a lot. I also have a diy indoboard and been killing myself on that a lot.
Im thinking about getting some trampoline gymnastics lessons as i would love to front or back flip but dont anywhere that woukd offer this.

Any other advice about what can be done at home? Im an average off piste boarder who wants to get better on and off piste and in the park
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could always come round my house and help get my lazy backside in shape.

Legs and core. It sounds like you're in better shape than I've ever been so what can I tell you? Search YouTube for snowboarding workouts there's some pretty good ones.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks ive seen some good youtube ones and adapted them to what equipment i have. I find the indoboard and weighted jumps help a lot...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jicjoc, one of my friends is a member of a gymnastics club in Chambery and they get some freestyle skiers and borders in for training (plus mountain guides and ski instructors). Try approaching your local gymnastics club.

I forgot to mention http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31072793
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been doing bosu ball squats and found them pretty useful for isolating and working the usual muscle groups. Also been doing some flat footed jumps fore and back and some simple 180 ones to try to get some more pop into my micro airs...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowboard Addiction have a good "snowboard fitness" video on their site. May or may not be a free one, not sure.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy