Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ideas needed for a fatter version of the Rossi s3

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I love how my s3's ski (and did not like the s7, tail was useless)

Basically what i want is an s7 with the s3's tail.

Today has made me realise that in deep powder my s3's are not long enough (177) or wide enough (98mm)

I have some 179cm k2 misdirected (same as obesthed) sitting at home, but they are unmounted and are a very different shape from my s3's , I like the narrower tail of the s3 and the tail of the k2's is very different.

so ideas would be good for a fatter s3!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
4FRNT Hoji?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zorrac, take a look at the new Soul 7, which has a 106mm waist, fore rocker and flat tail. If you want to go fatter than that, then there's the new Super 7.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got the Soul 7. Never skied the S3 but love the Sould 7, The blister gear review might give you more insight but they are fun on the piste and great in the powder. They are very playful but aren't a charger's ski.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you for the ideas, the s3 has quite a rockered tail, but if you lay them over it sort of engages, unlike the s7 which just wags its tail all the time like a happy dog. I have tried the sin 7 and didn't like it nearly as much as my s3, not as loose and its similar to the soul 7?

Will have an investigate of the 4FRNT Hoji
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Used to have S3 (black graphic by K.Coopman) loved them but wanted something stiffer with better grip.Bought K2 Fujas and they were awesome but much less playful.Now found compromise in Salomon 2 108.As playfully as S3 yet decent camber underfoot(S3 has low profile camber less poppy).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pytek23, thank you, will have a Look at the 108, do they ski long or short or true to length as my s3`s ski short and measure short as well. Yesterday the s3`s were great when it got chopped up and bumpy, as they are so flicky, but you can,t go that quick with them as they do tend to become a bit unstable. On piste they do grip with a 3 degree edge, but again there is a definite speed limit
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
98mm not wide enough!! What were you skiing???

Can you demo any skis.. Whitedots Rangers Perhaps?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=105073
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kitenski, top and mid of leg powder and over in places, it was abitmuch for the s3, to get them planning I needed to gotoquick so then theyfelt very wobbly if they hit anything. I also don,t like skiing very fast, so need some thing abit wider but same characteristic as s3
I had thought about a longer s3? I.e. 186
Can test, but only carroz really
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Zorrac wrote:
@pytek23, thank you, will have a Look at the 108, do they ski long or short or true to length as my s3`s ski short and measure short as well. Yesterday the s3`s were great when it got chopped up and bumpy, as they are so flicky, but you can,t go that quick with them as they do tend to become a bit unstable. On piste they do grip with a 3 degree edge, but again there is a definite speed limit

182 length is in true 181.2 so pretty accurate.108 is a playfully twin tip and woth powder rocker of has speed limitation on groomers and yard pack.Found short turns much easier then long on slopes however once they get 5 inches of fresh snow underneath them it is like excstasy.If You want to go fast something like Q 105 would be better choice(probably my next skis as I am getting to old to ski switch).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Whitedots Rangers Perhaps?

I would go more for the new Director TBH, full sidecut and tip/tail rocker. Verstaile, playful and fun all in one package!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy