Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shell jacket - no lift pass holder

Poster: A snowHead
@Richard_Sideways, my eldest one day managed to loose her lift pass when we went last year (they later found it in the kids club) she didn't realise until they got to the lift, the instructor just told the lift operators she had lost it, and they let her through apparently.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gloves with a little zip pocket across the back of the hand have always worked for me and much easier when you get to a right-hand gate. No looking like a drunk trying to have sex with a lamp post, just move our arm!

Sure you could drop a glove but, well how often have you done that? Probably about the same number of times you've left your trouser pocket open after taken cash/tissues out or forgotten to swap the pass if you have multiple ski jackets and swap mid-week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always buy gloves that have zip pockets on the back of the hands. The Left hand glove has the ski-pass, the right hand glove has my emergency piste-map (in case I drop the one I carry in my trouser pocket).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mjit, judging from the number of single gloves I've seen underneath chairlifts....... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I once dropped a glove coming off a gondola and had to wait for it to loop round!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Perhaps you could persuade the resort to put the pass on an injectable chip? Smile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31042477
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tuck it up sleeve of base layer and fold cuff under it.

Cut end off sock (toe end in case you are not sure) pull sock over wrist, tuck in lift pass.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can get a holder on a ribbon which clips on to the lift pass and place it around your neck .....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gaffer tape it to your danglies -- probably no good for getting through the barriers, but would make a great apres story Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any chest pockets? Some shells are designed for mountaineering not skiing and they may not have pockets for lift passes. Something worth checking for when buying online.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Left trouser pocket. Perfect.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I really don't understand all this talk of cutting the end off socks, chest pockets, putting it round your neck etc. etc. as several of us have said earlier, just put it in your trouser pocket. Why in earth would you bother with anything else?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Perhaps the OP also bought some fantastic new ski trousers with no pockets in them? Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Get an iPod holder strap. The ones with the clear plastic face and velcro straps, and where it on your forearm.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thecramps wrote:
Unless you ski in the PDS where some of the turnstiles have the pass reader on the right hand side. Wonder if there are many areas that do this?
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Tuck it in the back of your left-hand glove.

Or stick it in your back pocket and twerk it baby! Lifties appreciate that kind of thing...

They didn't when I twerked - do you think it's my technique or just maybe it's because I'm a bloke in my mid 40's?
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
thecramps wrote:
Unless you ski in the PDS where some of the turnstiles have the pass reader on the right hand side. Wonder if there are many areas that do this?

Just "thinking outside the box here" - maybe in that case you could put your ski pass (wait for it) in your right pocket ... or buy a lift pass for each pocket.
snow conditions
PDS gates are either all on the left or a mix of left and right. If you have the pass L trouser pocket as I do you either stroll through (the all left side gates) or pick a left side gate and stroll through.

Just occasionally there is a lift with a right side only gate (generally a minor drag lift). In that case you can twerk it, or take your pass out and wave it in your right hand. It's really not a problem
snow report
DJL wrote:
It's really not a problem
Agreed, I just find it curious that the have righthand side readers as I've not found those in other places I ski.
latest report
I bet you thought this was a good idea at the time to ask for advice on this..................
snow report
madlondoner wrote:
First world problems

As opposed to any other skiing related question on Snowheads?
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
thecramps wrote:

Yes. that is a real problem. Slide through the baffle gates backwards maybe? Madeye-Smiley
latest report
A good solution would be to take an old ski sock, put your pass in the toe of it, sow on some string, and then glue the other end of the string to your helmet, or if you don't wear a helmet, direct to your face. Then the pass would be available both left and right side at your whim.

All problems solved. Happy days. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@Bonski hopefully you have found the advice helpful ? wink Not far off page 3 now Laughing
latest report
@igLou, No way, I have loads of ideas. You could just superglue the actual pass to your face, and then simply turn your head depending whether the reader was left or right.
latest report
Quote:

Not far off page 3 now

Will there be bare breasts? Laughing
snow report
@halfhand, another place to superglue a lift pass.

I like your style. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Just tie it to a long piece of string, around your neck and tuck it down the most appropriate sleeve
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Timc,nah, rubbish idea, much better superglued to breasts (if you have them)
snow report
There is only one solution......................

I will go on the holiday for you that way you don't need to fret and end up having sleepless nights over the problem snowHead
ski holidays
Why not attach it to your selfie-stick ?
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I have a problem which is at the opposite end of the scale! I have a lift pass pocket on my jacket which is big enough to hold more than one lift pass. I therefore just put the new one on top of the old one. I find this often causes the lifties to start talking in agitated tones. Any suggestions?

Very Happy
snow report
Pezza26 wrote:
I have a problem which is at the opposite end of the scale! I have a lift pass pocket on my jacket which is big enough to hold more than one lift pass. I therefore just put the new one on top of the old one. I find this often causes the lifties to start talking in agitated tones. Any suggestions?

Very Happy

Cut the arm off the jacket?
ski holidays
@DB, Thanks, I'll try that. Seems like it should work though wink
snow conditions
Pezza26 wrote:
@DB, Thanks, I'll try that. Seems like it should work though wink

Don't mention it, glad to help.

PS Probably best to carry out this modification while not actually wearing the jacket.
ski holidays
Pezza26 wrote:

Very Happy

Don't ruin the asphetics of the jacket by cutting an arm off ( well unless you do so while your arm is still inside wink ) Just superglue the pocket zipper shut so you can not keep shoving more passes inside and confusing those poor under paid over worked misserable looking ( because you are skiing and they are not ) lifty's.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy