Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black Crows true to length?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at either the Atris or Corvus. Does anyone know how black Crows measure their skis? Is it length before or after pressing (most companies do before and so the actual tip to tail measurement as a straight pull is normally a couple of cm less than the quoted length).

Normally go for something ~178 in length.

Atris I'd go for the 178
Corvus - 175 or 183... depending on how they measure I could go either way...

Also, anyone skied either / both and care to offer thoughts on the differences - are the Corvus just tanks or do they have a playful side?

Ben
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't skied them personally, but my mate has a pair...

I can't embed the video directly for some reason, and it's REALLY bad quality, but if you scroll down to the first video posted here: http://leorauch.blogspot.co.at you'll see they're playful enough to backflip and spin...

OTOH Leo's Be Nice please! nuts, so that probably doesn't apply to the rest of us Laughing

Edit: Maybe this one works better: http://instagram.com/p/vg8q_yI3QH/?modal=true&ref=badge
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mmm - difficult to get much feel for the skis from that video.... just a good insight into your mates lack of sanity Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@BenA, Drop them an email. I spoke to one of the main guys at a trade show and was impressed with their realism. They will help.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never measured mine but the lastest version is rockered so will ski shorter. If in doubt go longer. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski'd the Corvus in 175 and absolutely loved them - I'm about 110kg and felt I should have gone longer though. They were very playful and forgiving in anything soft but reasonably hard work on groomed pistes - but only so much as to keep you honest! BUT it was 3 or 4 years ago now and their design has changed, they have more rocker and a deeper sidecut now IIRC. If/when I have the cash they'll be my ski.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can't get any response from Black crows at all via email (?)

Did manage to measure the length of the Atris 178 (Tip to tail is 176) and and the Navis 179 (Tip to tail is 178).

Anyone got any idea on weights for the Corvus in a 175? The interweb is all over the place with figures from 4kg to 4.5kg. I'm not a weight weenie but I will do some touring on these and don't want to be lugging 4.5kg skis around...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy