Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Post Buses and luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've used the excellent Swiss railways many times but on my next trip, I'll be travelling on a Swiss Post Bus for the last leg of the transfer to Nendaz.

Can anyone tell me whether there's much luggage space on these buses and whether you can take skis aboard etc.

I'm still haunted by a grim trip from Oztal railway station to Soelden with loads of luggage on a bus full of school pupils!

Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@LOTA, I have used the Post Bus in Saas Fee and I think the luggage all went underneath, like on a coach. Such resorts are car free and a few miles from the railway, so many people use the bus for the last leg. They are used to luggage and all will be conducted with Swiss precision, as you would expect.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The under bus storage probably takes 15-20 bags, but in peak periods they tow a luggage trailer, which takes a bus load of luggage.

Nearly all mountain area Post buses will have a ski rack in the back. The trailers also have ski racks.

They are usually first come first served, but don't expect British levels of queuing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you; that's helpful to know. But we're getting on the bus, if all goes to plan, on a Monday lunchtime so perhaps not peak hours queues! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No problem. Plenty of room for skis and luggage. Swiss precision!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A lot of them in ski areas have ski racks on the back too
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used the post bus from Troistorrents to Morgins, as the cog railway continues along the Val D'illiez, and I needed to go through the Pas de Morgins.
The post bus was timed to arrive just after the cog, the driver was really helpful, there was a big ski rack on the back, and plenty of luggage room underneath.
Furthermore I bought the through ticket for combined Train / cog / bus in Basle - take note UK Ministry of Transport, joined up transport can be made to work.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Travelled round Switzerland extensively while there for a season. Used the buses every couple of weeks with ski bags and rucksacks and never had any issues.
Also had guests using them weekly with never an issue.
As others have said as well as the under floor storage they regularly have a luggage trailer and/or ski racks on the back. The bus driver will indicate where they'd rather you put it.
It will run smoothly, like a swiss watch/train/fondue/but not exchange rate Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@LOTA, The Nendaz bus normally has lots of space on it, but there shouldn't an issue with luggage, they are used to the Sion station pickup and bags etc, Monday lunchtime will be quiet.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As a relatively inexperienced skier I seem to spend most of my time on here just reading or asking inane questions. Finally I find a question I can reply to knowledgeably .... and umpteen people have beaten me to it rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all - most helpful. @HelenS, don't worry, please join in with your 10 pence worth! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy