Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Large ski bag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off skiing soon and I want to take a large ski bag and only hand luggage. Want to fit all my gear in. Any suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i have one of these, its pretty big (120L) and has wheels so great for airport/pavements etc.

http://www.skimania.co.uk/Item--0-cat-0-brand-2675-Berghaus_Mule_120_Holdall.aspx
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry should of said I need to get my skis in also!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm very happy with this one from Dakine. For me, it takes my skis, both our kids skis, our boots and lots of skiwear for padding. Available pretty widely, I got mine from our local ski shop. b- http://eu.dakine.com/p/ski/gear-bags/board-bags/fall-line-double
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is also the rather quaintly named, Douchebag... https://douchebags.com

I have one, but not the matching backpack. Works a treat. Two pairs of skis, and still room for much more. Not however cheap!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Douchbag looks good, can you get your boots in aswell?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dakine Fall Line Double (yes you can fit boots in).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clarky999 wrote:
Dakine Fall Line Double (yes you can fit boots in).

really tempted by the dakine double ski bag 190cm - but compared to the cost of our last bag (which is technically still fine, just doesn't have wheels) I'm on the fence as to purchase or not!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
With airport carriage fees I just want a bag to fit skis boots and most of my ski ear then carry clothes as hand luggage, don't mind spending a bit just want something that lasts
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Do bags packed with skis, boots, etc not weigh too much?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NE1, Surprisingly not. The first time I lumped the kids stuff in too I was amazed when it came in on limit on our bathroom scales (which, despite their age are remarkably, and handily, accurate) and then at check in.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I bought one of the Nevica 'Monster' double bags from Sportsdirect. Apart from the uncool logo the bag is quite brilliant.

If you had x1 pair of skis in it there would be tons of space left over

I think they may have been discontinued but there's definitely some on ebay

Bag is higher quality than several brand name ski bags I've owned and has lasted much longer
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I bought this Nevica wheeled ski bag a couple of months ago (was cheaper at Sports Direct, but they have sold out) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/191474671321?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

It is very good quality and holds two pairs of skis, plus helmet and some clothing. Should be fine for just one along with hand luggage. If I go skiing without the family, I take a ski bag and a carry-on suitcase with my ski boots and some of my clothing in. This works fine for me. Just watch your weight limits for whichever airline you are flying with. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mad_mike wrote:
Douchbag looks good, can you get your boots in aswell?

No drama with one pair of skis and boots. Maybe possible with 2 pairs. Not sure.

There is a carry-on bag available from Douchebag. It appears to work as a backpack of sorts, but also clips to the ski bag so that you can wheel the lot. I don't have that additional bag.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy