Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere - ski school advice please for family

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Have just booked a ski holiday in La Ros for middle March for our family - myself, wife and 2 kids aged 4 and 5. Kids have never skied. We are early to mid intermediates, with a hiatus of 4 years due to my ACL injury - now fully repaired!

We will be staying at La Rosiere centre a few mins from the ski school starting point. We are looking to send the kids for am ski school and ourselves enrolling for the adult classes at the same time.

Can anyone help us decide between ESF and Evo2 please? As this will be the kids' first ski holiday I'd like them to be exposed to the best instruction possible and with maximum benefit from their first week. I'm also confused with snow kindergarten - is this just snow play, or will they be taught skiing too?

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have friends who were in group lessons with Evo2 and ESF. Both really enjoyed them. I think Evo2 offer 3 days while ESF offer 5 so that may sway your decision (waits to be corrected by someone with lots more knowledge).

Personally I had a couple of private lessons with Evo2 and cannot praise them highly enough. My instructor was Xavier and he was excellent.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

As this will be the kids' first ski holiday I'd like them to be exposed to the best instruction possible and with maximum benefit from their first week.

The only vital thing, for their first holiday, is that they have loads of fun. I think I'd be looking for small groups above all - a nice smiley friendly instructor who will be kind and patient when they need to go to the loo and give them masses of praise no matter how rubbish they are! Most 4 year olds (and I've experience of several) would not happily cope with several hours of proper "instruction", especially if it's cold.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Both are very good
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:

The only vital thing, for their first holiday, is that they have loads of fun. I think I'd be looking for small groups above all - a nice smiley friendly instructor who will be kind and patient when they need to go to the loo and give them masses of praise no matter how rubbish they are! Most 4 year olds (and I've experience of several) would not happily cope with several hours of proper "instruction", especially if it's cold.

Absolutely. My kids were with Evo2 and loved it. Fun learning and they had a great time. One of them was also taught by Xavier at Evo2 in 2013 purely by chance.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My two were with ESF a couple of years back and they were good. The youngest (only 3 at time) was in the kindergarten and the eldest (7 at time) the kids ski school.

Quote:

I'm also confused with snow kindergarten - is this just snow play, or will they be taught skiing too?

The kindergarten was a mixture of play and teaching skiing, which was ideal as they made it fun and not intense. They skied on an enclosed slope/outdoor play area, and there was also an indoor area where they would also take them inside for a drink and snack.

Quote:

We are looking to send the kids for am ski school and ourselves enrolling for the adult classes at the same time.

This was our plan too but we were unable too as the kindergarten sessions were only two hours and the adult lessons were three hours. The kids ski school for the 8 year old matched the adults but we had to be back after two hours for the youngest. We did a couple of private lessons instead.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It is now a few years since our trip to La Rosiere but I think the ESF have a good reputation there and we used the ESF when we went. The ESF have a 2 1/2 hour ski lesson plus lunch club option which would enable you to have time to have your adult lessons and a few practice runs before picking the kids up.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all for the replies Little Angel
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We were in La Ros last year and had private lessons with Evo2, which we all enjoyed. I haven't had much experience of lessons but those that had said they were on the upper end of what they'd experienced elsewhere. I saw both our instructors out with groups of kids at other times and they looked like they were having a great time. Unlike some other resorts I've been to, I didn't see any lost/abandoned kids or any groups, Evo2 or ESF, where I thought that I wouldn't have wanted my kids in the group. So as most have said, looks as if you'd be safe with either (doesn't help with making a decision though Wink )
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My kids have had lesson with both ESF and Evo 2. Most recently ESF at New year. Can highly recommend both.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy