Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Report ; Espace Diamant, Bisanne 1500, Jan 2015

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Date ; 03-01-15 to 10-01-15

Group ; 14 pax (9 adults, 3 teenagers, 2 x children) From the adults, 3 intermediate skiers, 2 intermediate boarders, 2 beginner skiers, 1 early intermediate boarder, 1 non skier/boarder. From the teenagers, 1 intermediate skier, 1 early intermediate skier, 1 beginner skier. From the children, 1 beginner boarder, 1 wheelchair assisted (handiski) skier.

(All figures given are in Euros)
Flight ; Half flew in from the UK, Bristol to Geneva with Thompson. The rest flew from Ireland Dublin to Lyon with Aerlingus. We booked the flights from Ireland at the beginning of October for 124. A 20kg bag is 30 each way, each couple shared a bag + ski bag 23kg was 30 each way. we put 2 sets of skis into a board bag.

Transfers ; Everyone opted for car hire. we went through Europcar who intern went through Citer. Myself and my wife were staying an extra week so the cost for 2 weeks + chains + ski rack for Corsa was 250 + 40 + 40.

Accomodation ; This was a big deal for us !! To find a place to accommodate 14 of us as well as catering for my Nieces wheelchair needs. Thanks to PamW's recommendation, we found the perfect place in "Gite de Bisanne" http://www.gites-de-france.com/location-vacances-Villard-sur-doron-Gite-Le-Gite-De-Bisanne-73G317117.html Stunning views and ski in ski out for an early intermediate skier. Highly recommend this place. With taxes & costs we paid 2k, although saving can be made, they charge 10 / towel and i from memory 20 / double bedding as well as a 200 cleaning cost. so if you are travelling by car from the UK t it would pay to bring these things with you. We work in the otel indusrty so leaving the place professionally clean was not too difficult.

Conditions & Area; Snow had come just after Christmas, but the whole of the Alps did need more, so taking that into consideration I would say that the piste management was good. Off piste was not possible at all but we are piste skiers mainly so no problem. Bisanne is a little village 10 mins drive from the bigger Les Saissies. The area is perfect for beginners to intermediates, enough for a weeks skiing, great lift systems, friendly lift staff, not too many able to speak English. Ski pass was 170 for 6 days. please consider getting the Carre Niege insurance on top. They also do a the points card for beginners which is fantastic.

Ski Rental ; Again a recommendation to PamW Ducrey Sports in Bisanne booked through Skimium http://bisanne1500-les-saisies.skimium.co.uk/
an extra reduction with a decathalon card. worked out approx 100 per week for helmet boots and ski

Ski school ; we booked ski lessons, boarding lessons and the handiski through http://www.lessaisies.com/esi-glisse-passion-centre-station.html My niece fell in love with her handiski guide Sebastion, he was fantastic !! He was able to gice her the confidence to experience the mountain fully. Te cost for the handiski was 402 for 2 hours for 6 days, group lessons were 80 for 2 hours for 5 days.

Apres & Food ; It was a family holiday as well as ski in ski out, so we done a big shop in Albertville and cooked in house. One couple had lunch in Te Benneton and loved it.

This is my first time writing a review so I may yet add details I have left out but to sum up... This place was perfect for our needs, a big thank you to PamW for all her help, we hope to return Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy