Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia 2015

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks,

There are seven of us off to Cervinia at the end of February, all 50+ but game for a laugh and competent skiers. We haven't been there since 2011 so I'm just wondering what is new since then lift-wise (if any!). Any new bars worth visiting?? and, of course, how much for a beer & bombardino this year.

Thanks in advance, Duncan
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JuanDavienarey, I will be able to give you some info next week, we head out in the morning for a few days, I have never been before so I am really looking forwards to the trip. A bit worried about the snow forecast though . . . Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Always good snow there Juan - The altitude helps!

The snow forecast is light during the day, except for a big dump on Saturday night, so it should all be good.

Duncan, I am not sure when the big cable-car to the top of the Rifugio Del Cervino started operating, but it works very well, and whisks you across, without having to go over the Theodul Pass.

Not sure there are any new pubs, but the Gasoline Bar (below the Hostellerie Des Guides) has closed down. The Yeti is still good, and all the other regulars work. I will be there as well, and I am sure we will see you rowdy bunch of oldies doing your thing! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One more tip Duncan, drink on the Italian side. Very Happy

I am not sure of the prices, but I am sure it will not slow you down.

The Bar at the Principe Del Nevi is always good for a quick drink on the way home.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info folks, we're looking forward trying out the new cable car as it always seemed to take an age to get up to an access point across into Zermatt. We're staying at the Petit Palais and paid our International ski pass up front when Crystal were doing a buy one get one free deal, so since there is 7 of us we've paid just £140 for the 6-day pass (we had to buy 1 full price ticket but split the difference). The International pass costs £352 if bought on the Swiss side so feeling quite smug abought that. The £ is looking the best it's been against the Euro for a few years, so all in all, I'm getting fair excited as conditions look great as well. I just hope the wind stays moderate.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's cheap as chips there anyhow, even cheaper now the £ has strengthened!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JuanDavienarey, I'm heading out on Saturday, also staying at Petit Palais. There's a big group of us from the local ski club, and there's another smaller group going out as we come back, so they will be there the same week as you I think. Did you get the all inclusive deal at Petit Palais? Free bar in the evenings!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just left Zermatt today - but back Sunday! The snow on the Cervinia side is fantastic. It had a great dump on Monday (we could see it but they refused to share it with us). Tuesday was a perfect blue sky day. I was on my own as my friends had left. I spent the most wonderful day ploughing powder over there (well that and falling over - deep snow skiing off the pistes is tricky). I have three (different) friends coming on Sunday and can see us spending plenty of time over on your side
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Pending, We're a party of 7 heading out from East of Scotland on Sunday, we are all very much looking forward to it. The reviews for the Petit Palais have been pretty favourable this year, they had a problem with noro virus at the start of the season but there has been no mention of it since which is good news. The pack lunches on offer seem to be "an avoid" as well. We've stayed there before and it was ok, sure the rooms aren't big but it's a bloody ski holiday your not going to be spending too much time in your rooms. We will, no doubt, utilise the free bar but still want to get out into the village at night to stretch the legs, though the "cardiac" staircase back to the hotel from the village is something else. If our paths don't cross have a great week!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@JuanDavienarey, Ah brilliant, we'll be there at the same time so, we're heading out this Sunday too! It's a fairly big gang from Dublin, not sure exactly how many. But the flight is so early it feels like we're leaving on Saturday lol. Although if the transfer goes to plan we might even get a couple of runs Sunday afternoon Very Happy

I've skied over from Zermatt a couple of times, but never been down as far as the village or stayed there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy