Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

83mm waist - wide enough to make off-piste easy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@lynseyf, +1
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
> We're going to La Plagne in March and I'm hoping to do some of the Oxygene Steep and Deep days.

La Plagne in March could well be spring like conditions, that could include powder on N. faces, crust, corn, mank. You need a good general purpose ski for that. Is it just lift served off piste or will they be expecting you to tour as well? Most of these courses do a bit of climbing to access untracked snow.

What do they mean by "steep and deep" exactly I wonder?

If you are skiiing moderately steep slopes you want gear that you are confident in. I'm not sure your average hire ski with rental bindings are things I'd particuarly want to take onto steeps. As others have said 83mm for a small lightweight would be like 100mm for me.

Why don't you ask Oxygene who and what they reccommend for your weight. That's where I would start.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think my main point would be that if you're on a course, you want something that's most familiar tonwhat you're used to, so that you can pay most attention.

There are of course limits.

Jumping onto something entirely unfamiliar might compromise the learning experience...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy