Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
skanky, oh no, another chart to bookmark !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bladeskier, it's really a summary of the main run charts and is used by some instead of looking at the the myriad of others. Use that one plus the ensemble one (to see confidence) and you get a reasonable picture of what the model's saying.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
skanky, isn't Taupunkt the dewpoint ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, yes.

06z GFS downplays the warmth even more and ends it slightly earlier. The control's on the warm side of the middle, too.
Haven't looked at ECMWF too closely, but my recollection from this morning is that the three models are in reasonably good agreement?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just back for anone interested.

Was pretty icy and thin at the beginning of the week a good fall on Tue with about 20 cm thereafter pretty good skiiing though the lower runs still were icy and bare in places. Off piste best on north facing slopes as bloody hard base elsewhere.
It could really do with another fall to bring it up to condtion for the French holidays but plenty of good skiing to be had.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I fully concur with that last report.

Just got back too... and the skiing was great after Tuesdays fall.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good stuff high up, and even the area around Montchavin & Les Coches has some good parts as well as some very icy parts. A quick hop over to Peisey sows a similar situation. The snow doesn't wear especially well, but get higher up and apart from a few pinch points, there's some great skiing. Will need more for the holidays as there's only something like 70% of the runs open. The pisteurs (sp?) are doing an excellent job for this week.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian wrote:
skanky, isn't Taupunkt the dewpoint ?

My mistake. I'm always getting dewpont & wet bulb mixed up. Ignore what I say. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to bring some more +ve feeling to the forums - returned from a great looooong weekend in LaP. Excellent snow - plenty of untracked pow last Thurs and still finding powder on Tuesday. Able to ski Mont de la Guerre to Champagny (1250m) at the weekend (but maybe a bit thin by now). Itinerants runs from Bellecote glacier were superb. Some pistes getting a bit hard now, but ski the packed powder adjacent to the pistes instead Blush .
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Very good skiing conditions last week. But ample snow eventually wiped off pistes in a few parts to reveal areas of black ice from the previous weeks' poor conditions.

Slight hint of slush started on Friday afternoon (better than iced concrete), so I guess this will continue each afternoon, perhaps getting worse if the sun keeps the heat up.

Last week felt very much like the last week of the season, i.e. pretty perfect conditions given such warm and sunny weather.

A few low pistes still closed in hope for more snow to cover the weeds and bare patches. However, some still open (Gentil, Montalbert) for those who like that sort of thing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy