Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski power in administration

Poster: A snowHead
This Craig Norwood fella sounds like a right slippery snake. 'Businessmen' of his ilk only ultimately go one way.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mollerski wrote:
This Craig Norwood fella sounds like a right slippery snake. 'Businessmen' of his ilk only ultimately go one way.

His own reality TV series?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof wrote:
albinomountainbadger wrote:

Common practice with UK TOs but highly unlikely to be legal in France.
As an example, I have my contract for season accommodation from last year here; it was for an apartment owned by the Mairie and rented to local businesses for their staff. On the bit about getting thrown out it says it says that I must leave the apartment within:
1 month after receiving a 'signed for' letter if I break the rules of the building.
1 month after being sacked from the employer paying the rent.
8 days after quitting the employer paying the rent.

and during the "winter truce" none of the above applies. You cannot be evicted, period. Services (gas, electricity etc) also have to be provided, even if you don't pay for them. However there is an exception for accommodation provided in "hôtels de tourisme homologués" - depends where the staff are housed.

Not sure if in the case I quote that I was the tenant or my employer, so I could be thrown out and someone else put in perhaps but my employer would never lose the apartment?

Mollerski wrote:

Here's a blast from the ski fraudster past: http://www.techworld.com/news/personal-tech/dragons-den-stars-lose-230000-in-satski-satnav-fraud-3338472/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mollerski wrote:

Yes, apparently he's going the way straight back into business under the new Ski Chalet Creations brand.

If this company does tip up, or other offshoots of it, then it's only right that maximum exposure be given to the company director and his travails with his previous company and the way in which they left customers high and dry, mostly with no recourse to refund.

As a business owner myself, this type of action from others just really makes my blood boil.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Im part of a group (17) that has been completely turned over by Ski Power, we had booked to be in La Tania for the 21st feb we have payed almost all of our money apart from the remaining £50 for our chalet and £85 for transfers. In fact our group leader was about to pay the remainder on the day we found out about this. I think if we cancel our flights we are only likely to get about £40+ back and I believe thats only if it's a majority vote on who cancels. This situation is outrageous. Its now likely that me and my partner are going to have to pull out now as accommodation seems to be pretty steep in La Tania. As we already have flights I've been looking into other resorts too and even pursuing the idea of using air bnb but i think it's all starting to get a little bit out of hand now. We was all meant to be staying in Topaz and can't understand why our money wasn't paid to the landlord. I think I speak for our group that we would pay a little extra to stay in the same accommodation to save all this palava and that the Landlord isn't left out of pocket.. Unless Craig Norwood owns this Chalet?

If anyone knows who the Chalet owner is or if there are any workers who know more on this matter it would be good to hear something.

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@BearGroves, might you be insured for this loss?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BearGroves, you have a PM - top right Send/Read Messages
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BearGroves wrote:
Im part of a group (17) that has been completely turned over by Ski Power, we had booked to be in La Tania for the 21st feb we have payed almost all of our money apart from the remaining £50 for our chalet and £85 for transfers. In fact our group leader was about to pay the remainder on the day we found out about this. I think if we cancel our flights we are only likely to get about £40+ back and I believe thats only if it's a majority vote on who cancels. This situation is outrageous. Its now likely that me and my partner are going to have to pull out now as accommodation seems to be pretty steep in La Tania. As we already have flights I've been looking into other resorts too and even pursuing the idea of using air bnb but i think it's all starting to get a little bit out of hand now. We was all meant to be staying in Topaz and can't understand why our money wasn't paid to the landlord. I think I speak for our group that we would pay a little extra to stay in the same accommodation to save all this palava and that the Landlord isn't left out of pocket.. Unless Craig Norwood owns this Chalet?

Did you buy travel insurance? Check the terms.. I just did a quick search on moneysupermarket and it looks like it's standard with most insurance.

Edit: No it's not. My mistake.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 29-01-15 14:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the reply. Nope I usually get insurance just before I travel. Ive always bought package holidays with crystal or Neilson. I guess over the years I have had nothing but good experiences and that has left me a little naive. Our group organiser worked for Ski power once so we was all happy to go along with it. No one could have predicted this situation though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmm, you don't happen to have a premium bank account do you? I know my Natwest Gold account comes with free travel insurance, and you don't even have to tell them you're going on holiday. Maybe another way to get your money back if you do.

How did you pay? Debit card, credit card, bank transfer? Who do you bank with? What's the logo on your card if you used a card to pay (visa/mastercard)..

And when did you pay the bulk of the money?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We all transferred our money to our group organiser and then I believe she did a bank transfer. Our group org is currently at the bank trying to see what our options are. I think we have all learnt a lesson here. Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's like Chris Reynard all over again.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah, that's bad news.

For future reference, transfer all the money to a person who has a credit card and get them to pay on that. You only actually have to pay for £101 on the credit card to get section 75 cover for the entire balance. Not sure what the logic is there, but oh well!

Personally, I just shove it all on the credit card. Simplest resolution if something goes wrong.

And also buy independent travel insurance (not from the holiday company) at the same time as buying the holiday.

What a rubbish start to the year. Hope your bank can do something!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I would find out where he lived, myself.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For Ski Power ex-staff - make contact a.s.a.p. with the Inspection du Travail, Albertville - they intervened for Les Menuires 7 and got them sorted out. 12 Rue Claude Genoux, 73200 Albertville 04 79 10 02 31
snow conditions
@marksavoie, would you mind if I added this to the Job Board on ChaletsDirect? Lots of ex-Ski Power staff looking on there
ski holidays
Yep, credit cards are the way forward and I never even use my debit card any more. We went to Soll last year and booked with Crystal EVERY thing went on credit card.
latest report
@Frankeh, "cancellation" in this context generally refers to the insured traveler not being able to travel due to their own illness etc. To be able to recover costs in this case you'd need to be covered for "end supplier failure". If you click through to get more information on the policies you've listed there you'll find few (if any) of them provide this cover.

Nevertheless, unless you can afford to lose the money there's generally good reason for buying insurance as soon as you've laid out any significant amount of money, as otherwise you're not covered for unlikely but foreseeable events such as being ill and not being able to go on the holiday.
snow report
So it is. My mistake! Hope I didn't get anyones hopes up too much.
snow report
such a shame for those going on hols and the employees Sad
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
such a shame for those going on hols and the employees Sad

And you thought Crystal were bad! snowHead
latest report
Filthyphil30k wrote:
That's a tad un-worthy of you. Wink

Council Band G, I believe.
snow conditions
@altis, well I found his accountant easily enough, looks a right dump.
snow conditions
@squashboy, thanks for your PM - you have a reply Very Happy
latest report
MPI borkers wintersports policy includes cover for end supplier failure.
latest report
Does anyone know if/where there is an english translation / explanation of the treve-hivernale rules? thanks!
snow report
Very rough translation...

Under Article L613-3 of the Building Code, the winter break is applicable from 1 November to 15 March. The winter break prohibits eviction of the tenant during the period specified unless the relocation of the latter is provided under conditions allowing the respect of the unity and family needs.

► The purpose of this truce is to protect the occupants of homes that are likely to deportation proceedings in case of successive unpaid.

A period that spans five months
The period defined by Article Pre-city is 4 and a half months and therefore takes longer than the winter season. In addition, for the period 2013-2014 and 2014-2015, senators recently voted an extension of the truce since exceptionally end March 31, 2015 due to cold weather expected.

However, at the end of this period, and if the problematic situation has not been resolved, the eviction process will directly effect.

Those not protected by the winter break
persons occupying a dwelling with "assault", ie, those living in "squate" here referred
the occupants of a building that has been a notice of unfitness, ie that the building in question presents an imminent danger to
ski holidays
@eljayem, try this (a quick Google result) - may not be precise, but you'll get the gist http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?ref=SERP&br=ro&mkt=en-GB&dl=en&lp=FR_EN&a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.treve-hivernale.com%2f
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Montana and ansta1
latest report
It's apparently to the 31 March this year, but I think the dilemma is defining the tenant, for example if Ski Power rent the property and sign the lease are they not the tenant? Staff member B is unlikely to have her name anywhere on the lease.

However, it may all be fine. Contrary to ansta1's post above, squatters are protected.

Depuis la loi Alur, les squatters ne peuvent plus être expulsés au cours de la trêve hivernale, sauf décision contraire du juge. Source

S’agissant des personnes entrées par voie de fait dans un logement, seul le juge peut supprimer le bénéfice de la trêve hivernale. Source

Gas and electricity cannot be cut off.

La trêve hivernale suspend également les coupures de gaz et d'électricité en cas de factures impayées. Source
snow conditions
Filthyphil30k wrote:

The Gables
Coopers Hill Road
Nutfield,
Surrey

interestingly enough the published postcode is RH2 7AP

but the actual postcode for that address is RH1 5PD
snow report
What does it matter where he lives Puzzled
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
What does it matter where he lives Puzzled

http://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/
snow conditions
@Frankeh, Oh I see...

Confucius say:

Before embarking on a journey of revenge, dig 2 graves
snow report
@albinomountainbadger, the idea and history behind it is that nobody is made homeless when the snow is on the ground because that'd pretty well a death sentence. So the tenant will be whoever is in there, they can't start eviction proceedings during the treve hivernale period. This is also why pretty well every seasonal rental requests the full amount up front.
snow conditions
MeMyselfandI wrote:
@albinomountainbadger, the idea and history behind it is that nobody is made homeless when the snow is on the ground because that'd pretty well a death sentence. So the tenant will be whoever is in there, they can't start eviction proceedings during the treve hivernale period. This is also why pretty well every seasonal rental requests the full amount up front.

Yes I think the reasoning behind it is pretty obvious, but if John is the tenant then what rights does Ringo have? Unless he is a squatter, which was only covered by the law recently.

MeMyselfandI wrote:
This is also why pretty well every seasonal rental requests the full amount up front.

Say it often enough and it becomes true.... French private landlords rarely demand full rent of up front, nor do the mairies or housing associations. I'm on my 8th season now and have only once been forced to pay up front.
snow report
red 27 wrote:
@Frankeh, Oh I see...

Confucius say:

Before embarking on a journey of revenge, dig 2 graves
Madeye-Smiley
snow report
albinomountainbadger wrote:
It's apparently to the 31 March this year, but I think the dilemma is defining the tenant, for example if Ski Power rent the property and sign the lease are they not the tenant? Staff member B is unlikely to have her name anywhere on the lease.

It covers all accomodation bar holiday stays in hotels obviously. Even yer mum can't kick you out, in France.
snow report
Was so shocked to hear about ski power. We had 2 weeks with them in 2013 and both were excellent - well the chalets and staff were anyway.
Must be hard to stay afloat and compete against the bigger companies.

Really feel for anyone with holidays booked and for the staff.

@squashboy,
Hope you get sorted out. Try ski Amis I have friends working for them for the past couple of years who think they are good.
ski holidays
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who pm me about my situation. Got it sorted now so 7 slightly happier dudes going to teign now. Just need transfers now! Smile Madeye-Smiley Smile
I would also just like to add FU@K YOU! PIP PARRY AND CRAIG NORWOOD, I wish you no success in the future and hope all your plans turn to sh@t. U knew what u were doing when you took my last payment just a couple of days before. I hope nobody books with ski chalet creations when they emerge.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy