Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting from vallandry to Arc 1950 as a non skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are staying in vallandry at half term with a mixed group of boarders , skiers and those that don't ....i.e walkers
we want to book a table at belliou la fume , which is a restaurant at the bootom of Comborcerie lift . Does anyone know how easy it would be to get a bus or use the lift system to get from Grizzly lift to Arc 1950 , is it possible or just a non starter
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.lesarcs.com/en/stay/informations-pratiques/move.html

I was there last week and there was a good bus service from 1800 to 1600 and on to 1950. Looks like there is also a line from Vallandry

Is the place you want to eat at the one with the big fireplace?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
times dont look that it works during the day though
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The walers will have to walk from Vallandry to Arc 1800. There is a route that is not on the piste and it is probably about 30 minutes. Fom there you get the bus to 1600 and the bus from 1600 to pre st espirit. I would allow at least an hour for the busses
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What about Bob Marley, did he walk too? wink

seriously though, I dont think the bus ruuns in teh winter from Vallandry to 1800 until teh snow has cleared. You can walk in about 30 mins (lovely walkers path) to 1800 and then bus it from there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are two minibuses every morning between Vallandry and Arc1800, and again two buses in the late afternoon. And yes they will run it even if it has snowed all night - they snowplough the road for emergency vehicles.

Otherwise walk along the same road that the minibus takes - Rte du Barmont - only takes 20 minutes and great views over to the other side of the valley.

However, if you can afford to eat in belliou la fume you can afford a taxi - it's probably the most expensive place in Les Arcs.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@gwatts10, right now as @AndrewsPeppers, says there is a new free mini bus service between Peisey Vallandry and Arc 1800 each morning, afternoon and evening, but the timetable only covers until 06/02/2015 so when they post the new timetable i will let you know if this service will continue. It was only supposed to run when there was not enough snow to ski between stations. They are bending the rules by still using the fire road to run the bus now. BUT this is France so i guess if it suits them they will continue to run the bus till the end of the season.

The best news is that the last bus right now is at 23.30 each evening so you can have a night out in Arc 1800 and get back to Peisey vallandry at the end of the evening.

To answer your question re. eating out for none skiers. Yes you can make it for lunch and back by free bus service now as long as they continue this service after the 6 Feb. You will just need to look at the bus times between Arc 1800 and Arc 1600, then Arc 1600 and Arc 1950/2000.

Good luck!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Peisey TO website now shows the 07-02-15 to 06-03-15 timetable, and the same minbuses are still running between PV and Arc1800.

Here is the link to the PDF - http://medias.peisey-vallandry.com/documents/Fiche_horaire_du_07-02-15_au_06-03-15.pdf
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy