Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Power Ltd -La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It strikes me that Norwood, Papworth and Parry are culpable here not only in the manner in which they are trading, which should be of serious interest to Trading Standards (and such interest by TS should kick the administrators into action immediately) but especially in the collection of money after they had called in administrators. This appears to be a straightforward case of fraud on a substantial scale which, unless all their assets can be seized, must surely result in a custodial sentence. I wouldnt want to be in their shoes! However, perhaps if Norwood et al sold the chalets he owns and paid up, they could perhaps avoid that result. It sounds as though they have a history of this behaviour and utter contempt for the customer founded on the worst combination of gross incompetence at running a company and an appetite to defraud the public. They certainly should be barred from trading in any company in any sector in order to protect the public. The best course of action would be a) serious publicity via the BBC, b) use of Trading Standards, c) a potential case for the CPS?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Wing Co Chris, @Mountain Addiction, you're bith right and I shouldn't have made such a wide generalisation. I was surprised, though, by the number of operators who weren't exactly whiter than white.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Astraeus wrote:
@Wing Co Chris, @Mountain Addiction, you're bith right and I shouldn't have made such a wide generalisation. I was surprised, though, by the number of operators who weren't exactly whiter than white.

Yes, there are unscrupulous traders, but that can be said for any industry. Look at Bankers, look at Builders, What about Tesco... etc it is unfair to imply that it is a problem with the Chalet industry.

There are more independently run, above board chalet companies than there are bad ones. Please bear that in mind

Small companies usually get a rough deal because they don't have the buying power that larger ones do, they don't have the resources etc, so can't offer the same prices or discounts etc. But with a large company a customer runs the risk of getting lost in the crowd and becomes 'just another statistic' - small independent chalet operators have far more personal investment and can give a much more tailored service, that is what the independent market should be about, that one to one service with a smile a real individual experience for the right reasons. Please don't tar us all with the same brush - some of us are very genuine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Courier story referred to is now on line: http://www.courier.co.uk/Family-s-ski-holiday-nightmare/story-25996923-detail/story.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If anyone would like to contact Trading Standards about Ski Power, I'm sure Bruce Treloar, Trading Standards Institute Lead Officer for Holiday and Travel Law, would be interested in the case. I used to deal with him years ago whilst working in the travel industry and he was always very approachable. He may be able to put some pressure on where it is needed.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hello again
Well some of the companies previously advertising Craig Norwood's chalets have now removed them from their sites . Muchbetteradventures and snow traveller have. Thanks to those chalet providers who don't want to support Craig ,Pip and Gary Papworth. A little good news at least !
fionaG - thanks for the trading standards contact which is worth pursuing and I'll see if I can get hold of him this week
Courier story looks good now it's a case of seeing if the national media are interested given the number of people affected and the amount of money taken - anyone got any media contacts or ideas ?
Thanks
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hawkeye14, how about the Mirror? I know one of the journo there and he did a "skiing holiday article" a while back. I expect he would not pick up the story himself as he works on the sports desk but might pass it on - or do you think a broad sheet would be better?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi
I guess any coverage would be good. We can try a number and hopefully one of them will pick it up. I wonder if some of the consumer advice columns/sections would be interested as well eg in telegraph, observer etc
Thanks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy