Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur off piste guide/lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have recommendations for a good guide/instructor for Courmayeur? We're out week of 14/02 and hope to do a couple of days guiding including VB. Last time we went we had a day with one of the Ski School guides but he was a bit disinterested and made it seem as though it was another day at the office for him (which of course it was!). Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gianni Giuseppe Carbone was our guide of choice when I was head ski host for Mark Warner over there a few years back top guy and great to ski with
http://www.giannicarbone.com/index.jsp
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Monosteve. I've had a look at the website and it looks pretty good- I'll drop him a line. Enjoy your season!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wish I was still on a season unfortunately have a real job now and a mortgage so this year is a cheeky Bansko on the cheap
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I second Gianni Carbone. A fab day with him doing the VB from the Courmayeur side in 2013. Charming, great guide.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
He lives on the other side of the mountain, but I recently spent a day with Yan Raulet (www.chamonixskiguide.com). Super nice guy. Worth a call.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Courmayeur is the right place to be on 14/02 -- the patron saint of Courmayeur is St Valentine Happy. It's a superb place, my wife and I spent Valentines there last year (actually on the mountain, in a Chalet at the top of the Val Veny lift, it was pretty much perfect). When we were there I did ask about skiing over to VB and was recommended Gianni Carbone by the locals, although we didn't end up going. Enjoy it whoever you go with!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks to all for your advice. I have emailed GC and I will post how I get on.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok. Just back from the best day skiing with the kids. Gianni is absolutely all you would want from a guide- charming and patient and an absolute hit with the kids especially my 10yo who was practically glued to the back of his skis all day. Really knowledgeable and reassuring- we were in places that I wouldn't have dared even thinking about but with Gianni's calm guidance even the little one coped better than well.
I really can't recommend him more highly especially with a family, but I think he would be excellent for a bunch of lads out to terrify themselves just as well!
Thanks for the pointer Monosteve- and he's still working with MW.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy