Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Picture quiz

Poster: A snowHead
I'll have no idea, then. Good job I suppose as I doubt I'd have a picture to put up until tonight at the earliest.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mulbach?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nope
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well given all the clues, it's got to be Leogang, Hochkönig or Gastein.....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I may have to allow you Hochkönig, PG, although I think the place was actually called Deinten
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Maria Alm? I'm sure its in the Hochkonig area somewhere?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Close then! My PC takes a while to refresh hence my late message.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I cannot see the picture, Fox, so I'll take a blind guess: Galtuer?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok so here's an incredibly easy one for you. Too easy in fact, so the winner also has to guess the date within a fortnight, name the national team in training, and the chairlift in picture 3!!!

(PS what do you think of the stance of the skier, SCSA Wink )
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That brings back memories! (the location, not the racer!)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is that the t-bar being used? I have never seen it
in use...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mark Lehto, Certainly is.... here's a closer look....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Come on PG! it's the 'glacier' run down frfom Le Grande Motte, the lift is Les Lanches, I think it's June 12 1999 and it's the French national Team (not sure about the team). Oh . . . It's Tignes of course.
Just an historical note: Jan 2000 just got off that cable car and they closed it due to high winds, it then socked in and 12 of us (everyone decided to stay together and walk down) took 3 hours just to get back to the funicular! It had blown the piste clean down to blue ice and at points we were on hands and knees - NEVER been that scared before because we just didn't have the right kit for the conditions. I still get the willies when I think of that morning. Skullie
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Reluctantly Wink I'll give you that ... photos taken 28th October 2003 - believe me, conditions were better then than through December and early Jan! Yes, it's the French in their latest gear....

Your turn! (PS how many lives do you reckon you've got left?!) (and hope all's going well with your mum)

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 14-04-04 18:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Given me the willies just imagining it - you were very lucky to all get down safely and frostbite free!
ski holidays
PG wrote:
Reluctantly Wink I'll give you that ... photos taken 28th October 2003 - believe me, conditions were better then than through December and early Jan! Yes, it's the French in their latest gear....

I did wonder if it was about then, I think I was there on 2nd Nov of course.
latest report
Think Masque got it. I can see the car park where I parked in March this year. The Lake Tignes-le-Lac can be seen at the far end.

I initially tried to park my 4x4 (height 1.9m plus skis at the top) in the underground car park. The height clearance is 2m+ at the entrance but gradually reduced height to 1.9m when I went to lower levels to search for a space. Guess what part of my ski clamps was knocked off. Thus I have to park the car in the open.

Think I am luckier than Masque, the Grand Motte cable car was just stopped when I arrived on that day about 4pm and so I was able to ski down. Didn't have a good memory at the top of Grand Motte either because the run seemed always overtrafficed.
snow report
My turn? OK . . guess where I did this . . . just one of my 'kinder' memories was driving the 800 miles home on it!

And thanks to everyone for their best wishes, Mom's out of surgery and already abusing the nurses and is now muttering about 'finally' getting the new knees and learning to ski! (but only if I move to France and will look after her properly when she visits - you may well think I'm joking but you don't know 'Mater'!)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 14-04-04 19:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Masque, that link seems to be bad....
snow report
You've put me off my bacon sarnie!!!
latest report
Maybe I need glasses, but which part of the human anatomy are we looking at here? Shocked
snow conditions
Somewhere in the bowels of my ramblings is the clue for this one, so it's not that difficult . . . and Lorraine, don't provoke me, I’ve much worse than that to put you off your sarnie!
ski holidays
Masque, not one of your La Rosière trips?
latest report
Nope! even closer to you than you think!
ski holidays
Fell off a bar stool in Le Tonneau down in BSM?! Attempted the KL after a lengthy session at El Latino Loco in Arc 2000??
latest report
Getting warmer!
snow conditions
Got lost searching for some après ski in La Plagne, fell off a cliff in the dark?
ski holidays
Sat on a bar stool that was missing its seat? Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Parked your rear on the Col de l'Aiguille, or sat down in the Vallon de Clou, martyred for your belief in virgin powder at Ste Foy?
ski holidays
OK . . . I'll put you out of your misery, Getting on the ski-bus in Tignes I was promptly smacked in the face by a moron throwing his skis around, meanwhile another idiot had wedged his skis behind my feet – I went backwards out of the bus and dropped my butt straight onto the curb! Broke my sacrum . . . on the first day!
snow report
Masque, 'fraid that means you've got to go again.... and I'm off up to Arc 2000, Chris Bish has phoned and apparently although down here we're in thick cloud, there's clear skies up above....
snow conditions
Ooh, I really want to go now Sad Mrs NBT is still confined to bed though and I doubt very much I'll be alllowed to play out without her. Not that I'd want to of course Smile
ski holidays
No offence, Masque, but man I can't tell you how glad our fleeting meeting passed without incident Wink

Good to hear your mother's OK. La Ros still on?
snow conditions
I note the cunning way a British (?) lad has managed to moon
in a public place again. Makes you proud!.
And PG is partaking of my favourite hangover cure... (I guess
he has a cheeky smile on too)
snow conditions
Mark Lehto, he's a yank!
ski holidays
Mark Lehto, Mark Hunter, yeah La Ros is on, be there on Sunday AND It's still snowing! Oh and I'm not a Brit hence the moon (eclipse'd)
I'll dig a snow pic out later today to keep you going. snowHead
latest report
Builder's bums are universal, but they don't always get so well tanned.
ski holidays
A snow pic will probably be better for my hangover...
Glad to see that you are getting into the local culture though.
latest report
As Masque must just about be getting ready to hit the La Rosière slopes, try this one out until he posts something on his return.... The clues are all there if you look hard enough.....
ski holidays
Nice scenery, ugly resort.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy