Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Noobie questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Absolute best advice I ever got was that you can buy anything you need for a ski holiday in any ski resort. OK, it wouldn't be cheap, but it's possible. So that stops me taking the kitchen sink, just in case. I always think I'm taking the minimum possible in terms of clothes, and still come home with stuff clean and unworn.

I travel in jeans, tshirt, fleece and ski jacket and wearing my walking boots. One or two other tshirts/tops for evening and that's done. No spare clothes for my son! Whatever he travels in he can use for evenings during the week, but he usually doesn't, he tends to just wear his thermals all evening. Bring slippers or something for indoors. I bring a few pairs of thermals and midlayers each, with a couple of pairs of socks, and a little tube of travel wash in case I need to rinse stuff out.

Spare gloves especially for kids. Goggles, sunglasses and sunscreen. Minimum toiletries. Boots, boot heaters and skis in ski bag with the salopettes and clothes. Phone, iPad, camera, charger, and that's it, done.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take snacks, eg mini mars bars, milky ways to have as easy fuel on the mountain Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers guys, yeah I'll report back when we return Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey Guys, me again !!

Sorry I forgot to report back but we had an amazing time, so good that we are going back again in Feb !!

thanks again for all the info, the only thing we struggled with was drying gloves, so his year we are taking three pairs each wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How did the luggage allowance go? Did you squeeze the kitchen sink in?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Ok thanks, yeah I was planning on taking my walking boots, we go to the lakes as often as we can, so have some decent walking gear

Then you probably have loads of gear that would be useful for skiing - goretex shells? fleeces? - those will do just as well as dedicated ski jackets
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey, Yes just managed to get the sink in,lol
swmbo is taking her hair dryer this year as the hotel's was useless, and we are all going to take some decent outfits for the evening, we did feel a little under dressed a couple of times but not serious, plus we are taking three cases and two cabin bags so should have more than enough allowance wink
Yeah walking gear was spot on, the only thing we could do with this time is some really good gloves, they just seem so expensive tho, might have a look at a gopro to capture some of the action, LOL
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Drying gloves? What were you doing? Swimming? rolling eyes Gloves with inner liners that can be taken out are good to have.
Maybe good gloves do cost, yet are worth it - cold hands are not worth having though...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Keep your lift pass receipts and - belt and braces - take photos of them and keep them on your phone (make sure the serial numbers are clearly recorded). Possibly the most boring advice you will receive, but it could save you a fortune if you lose them! Enjoy Obergurgl - we do
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Big Dave, most excellent advice.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy