Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New boots - Salomon F4.0

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm having a new boot quandary.

I've always had salomon boots but have always up-sized to 27.5. My feet aren't actually that big but I've probably never had anyone who actually knew what they were doing helping me buy boots! Always comfy straight out of the box but then have packed out and got a bit loose. I've had to crank down the laces super right ti keep my foot in place for about the last 4 ski trips.

26.5 seems the right size - toes just at the end when standing but come away when in snowboarding position.

Got a pair of F4.0 and my left foot feels perfect but the right feels a little tight width wise. Slight crushing feeling.

Question - will these pack out like other boots? I read that the F4.0s don't pack out the same way. Guess I also want a bit of reassurance that it's better to have one foot slightly too tight than one too loose?

I've also go a pair of the synapse in 26.5 and they don't crush my right foot, but don't seem to have the same overall level of fit and heel hold especially in the left foot.

i want these to be comfortable for boot packing and split boarding - does anyone know if having toes at the end in a standing positing be uncomfortable for that?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would invest in superfeet , S4F or another fitters footbeds so you can gain the benefits of better bootfit .
They would explain them .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy