Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix and French school holidays?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know Chamonix is full of everyone except the French but during the March week we're looking at central and south eastern areas are on their school holidays. How much, if at all is this likely to impact upon Chamonix?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It will have an impact. Lift queues will be longer and there will be more people on the mountains. Gets very busy here during the school hols.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1st week of March is only French zone B and no one else… would that really have a significant impact?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes only zone B. From Wikipedia:

Zone B includes Lille, Rouen, Amiens, Reims, Strasbourg, Besançon, Dijon, Orléans-Tours, Poitiers, Limoges in central France (but excluding Paris) and Aix-Marseille and Nice in the South East.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That last week will be the best (ie least busy) of the school hols. I haven't skied much in Chamonix - and always in quiet times (January mostly) and still been stunned at some of the lift queues. And the business of the pistes (Brevent/Flegere).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy