Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze - Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am off to Sauze on Jan 3rd for 5nts. I am travelling alone and I wondering what Sauze is like for the single skier? I am off to Verbier in March with 5 girls and I wanted to do some 'quality' (less ear-ache) skiing alone hence my Sauze trip. I am a little worried about the snow as so far very few lifts are open and the pistes look bare... I am praying for snow over chrismas as I have my new Volkls to ski on and don't want the bases ruined on rocks! I am even contemplating taking my Crossmax 10s instead as these have been used.

Anyone else gonne be there the same time as me 3 - 8th Jan? I am staying at the san giorgio... Anyone know if this is OK?

Skiing is great but it's so stressful reading the snow reports each day. Is Sauze open yet, snow canons on etc??

Thanks,

Carl
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't comment on the accomodation, but do know Sauze that time of year....

For the past 3 years (and again this year) I've been coaching in Sestriere during the second week in January. From Borgata where we stay, it's literally one lift into the top of Sauze. During those 3 years we've had two poor snow years, and then the best condition runs (on the Sauze side) were on the runs down to Sportina and into Sauze itself - thanks to the excellent snow cannon coverage - this piste map clearly shows this: it's the yellow areas on http://www.vialattea.it/en/cartina_piste_g.jpg

But I'm hoping for better conditions this year.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Carl -have posted a bit of an answer in the snow reports forum.

Good idea going alone - I sympathise fully! As good a place as any to visit on your Jack Jones - good party culture and plenty of opportunity to make new friends! If you can't pull in Sauze, you can't do it anywhere!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds cool......

Thanks for the repy... oh and i'll delete this from my history as my girl wouldn't be impressed!!

I AM!!
wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are three of us off to Sauze on 2nd January, Lossy. Staying up at the Terrazza. I've been to Sauze 5 times over the last 16 years and the conditions from what I can gather at the moment are not as bad as some years I have been. We are going this time because we really struggled with flights (my brother in law has to have this week off, so it was Sauze or nothing), and I would not have booked if I did not think I was going to have a good week.

The ski-ing can be really good in the right conditions, and the key right now is that it is cold, and forecast to stay that way. I also believe from long range forecasts that there may be some snow late next week - although I wouldn't rely too much on that! If the links are open get over to Sestriere, and don't miss Sansicario - some fabulous tree lined reds.

Night life wise this is as good a resort as any for a single skier visiting the first week of January. There is more than enough to keep you going for 5 nights!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks again, Toofy Grin

it's gonna be a bit wierd doing this ski trip alone but I suppose I'll meet people pretty soon.

Glad that there will be someone their the same time! Thought t would just be me! Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi mrLossyman

Spent last Christmas in Suaze. Unfortunately the snow was very poor and was only saved by a big dump on Boxing day. By the end of the week snow was ice and rocks showing through the snow. Did nothing for my skies and I still have the scars on them to show for it.

The sking can be good if conditions are right but it does suffer from a poor snow record.

However I did like the resort and I beleive the old two person chair lift as now been replaced with a new chair lift for the olympics so this should kill the queues first thing in the morning.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy