Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One day in Espace Killy and another in Paradiski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and it seems to be a fantastic source of real, unbiased info. I tried to see if this specific topic has been discussed but had limited success. So......

I will be in 3V for a week in March and plan to exercise my option to ski a day in EK and Paradiski. I will be with my teenage daughter; we are both expert skiers and quite fit.

Obviously both areas are way to big to explore completely in a day but I am curious about suggestions of where to park and what to ski. I also realise that our decisions/choices will probably be dictated by conditions, weather and visibility.

After doing some research of both areas and spending some time scouring the trail maps I am specifically wondering about the following:

1. At EK I would like to ski Sache and a few of the ungroomed blacks in the same area, The Grand Motte (I have never been at that elevation), Face de Bellevarde and Foret. Ideally we return to the car using the lift network but if we run out of time a bus or cab is not the end of the world. Again other suggestions for must ski runs and the best place to park are most welcome.

2. At Paradiski the Aiguille Rouge to Villaroger descent is the priority(maybe more than once). However I would also like to experience the Vanoise express and ski a few (or all) of the black runs below Bellecote. I am thinking that parking at Montchavin would be best but never having been there......I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=87467&highlight=challenge
Try this for the EK. Covers everything you mention and more. I would start in Brevieres as it it free parking there. You would also get to do the sashe as your final run of the day.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@xtr, Effectively you are asking to do what is Called the '4 corners of the piste map' - not so difficult in itself if you are a reasonable black run skier. But it does take most of the day so it will be an early start from the 3 Vallies that's for sure. As Smag says you can park for free in Brev, I would the head up the Grand Motte from Brev, back down into Le Lac and then take Fresse into the Bellvarde - up Marmottes chair down Face de Bellvarde - then up the Solaise - then Leissieres and crack Le Fornet Glacier before coming down into Foret. At the bottom you then need to get a move on home - if time is short (ie after 3pm) then a bus to La Daille, back up the La Daille Gondola and Tommeuse will put you at the top of Trolles (you missed that one wink ) and up Palafaour and Aiguille Percee for Sache.

That Ladies and Gentlemen - is a days skiing!

What you could do is take a cheap hotel in Bourg St Maurice for a night in the middle (you can access Les Arcs from there) via the Funi and then take the 20 minute ride up to Brev the next morning. Its about an hour and a half by car from the 3V to Brev.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@xtr, Whereabouts in the 3v are you staying?

If you are staying on the Meribel, Courchevel side it is easy to drive round to Champagny (about 20 to 30 minutes) for access to the Paradiski area, there is plenty of free parking in Champagny village. There is only one car park where you have to pay and that is only 4 euros a day and is right next to the Champagny gondola. For good skiers it will take just over an hour to get to the Vanoise express from the bottom of the gondola assuming it is outside of the French school holiday period and there are no queues.
Access up to the blacks off Bellecote (Rochu, Bellecote) is relatively easy either on the way back from Les Arcs or even on the way out from Champagny. You are probably better going over to Les Arcs first and then aiming for Bellecote if you have time on the way back. You should be able to ski down to Champagny from Roche de Mio without the need of a lift if le Bois is still open.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway wrote:
into Le Lac and then take Fresse
Puzzled

From top of Aiguille Percee chair you could do the ungroomed black of the same name - just the other side of the Eye of the needle & usually good at that time of the year in the afternoon, then back over to AP chair for the Sache.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

1. At EK I would like to ski Sache and a few of the ungroomed blacks in the same area, The Grand Motte (I have never been at that elevation), Face de Bellevarde and Foret. Ideally we return to the car using the lift network but if we run out of time a bus or cab is not the end of the world. Again other suggestions for must ski runs and the best place to park are most welcome.

I've done the '4 Corners of the piste map' a few times. As chocksaway says, it is a days skiing, especially in misty or flat light conditions. On reflection, I felt that by heading right over to La Fornet, I hadn't got time to really enjoy the many fine 'side runs' and spectacular views along the way. I wonder whether the La Foret run above La Fornet is worth that long journey? Starting from Les Brev, I'd probably aim for the Cugnai chair before turning back. Leave time for spontaneous decisions and even doing the same run twice, depending on conditions on the day. Runs such as Col de Ves, Silene, Arcelle, Double M enjoyable in the right conditions.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry into Val Claret for the Fresse - I was typing in a hurry!!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
EK:

Brevieres does seem like a logical starting point and is the first parking option on my drive in. In terms of lifts to get to Grand motte...I take Sache, Aiguille Rouge in order to ski down to the bottom of Tignes. From there up Lavacher and then ski Henri to the bottom of the funicular? Is that the best route?

After the Grande Motte it seems pretty simple to move from right to left and the bus option back to la Daille might be just the ticket to be able to ski Sache as a last run and get back to the car.

Paradiski:

Parking at Champagny is a great idea that I never considered. We are staying in BLB so it is a very simple 20 minute drive; probably saves 90 minutes total on the day. It also allows for a better multiple valley/mountain experience...crazy how big these resorts are.

Thanks again to all for the ideas.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy