Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Sports Equipment

Poster: A snowHead
2 years ago 1 boot bag plus 1 ski bag was acceptable as 1item of small sports equipment. Is this still the case? Website is not clear. It mentions 20 kg, if so would they allow 2 pairs skis plus boots if light enough?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try this Easyjet webpage.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/sports-equipment

From the way I read it you can take one sports bag ie ski bag ( Small @ 20kg or large @ 32kg ) and put whatever you want in it as long as it stays under the weight and contains some sports equipment. You can have a suitcase at an additional cost and gives an additioanl 20kg( this allows you to split the weight however you choose between the two bags as long as the heavier does not exceed 32kg ) so you could put 30kg in your ski bag and 10 kg in your suitcase for example. Does not look like you can have a ski bag and then a boot bag count as the single sports bag allowance.

You have two sizes of hand luggage smaller will go in the overhead larger may if needed ( ie lack of overhead space ) be put in the hold at no additional cost. No weight limit on hand luggage, other than being able to lift it into the overhead lockers.

Hope that helps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just got a reply from Easyjet customer services:

Customer travelling with skis, ski boots and ski poles will pay the standard sport equipment charge. Skis and boots can be packed in two different bags and will still be considered as one item and charged as one item as a "package deal".
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That clearly contradicts their website. I would print out the email and take it with you to the airport just in case.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree with altis, it does seem to contradict the website so print it out but also be prepared to either argue your case with the email or shove the boots in your ski bag. Hopefully everything will be fine but best to be prepared rather than pay excessive charges. At worst you could always wear your ski boots onto the flight Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Has anybody tried just taping their boot bag to the skis?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've done main bag, ski bag and boot bag with Easyjet recently and it was fine (obviously paid for both hold and ski carriage) and another time put my boots in my main bag and again no problem. They let you pool the weight so doesn't matter if your main bag is over 20kg as long as your skis come to less than 20kg also as the total allowance for everything is 40kg. Your one bag can't be over 32kg though.

Their ski carriage isn't cheap but I think they have it right this time letting you pool and take what you like split however you like subject to the 32kg maximum rule which is fair enough.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Their website is confusing however fairly recent experiences is that its a pooled weight. Got caught out a 4 years ago and paid for additional luggage thinking I was only pain for my skis to accommodate my boots - turned up at the airport to be told the extra luggage was totally unnecessary! rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bumping as am packing for an easyjet flight! We have 2 booked hold bags, and 1 ski carriage, we will put 2 pairs of skis in the bag but can we take a boot bag too? Can't seem to find an email address for easyjet, I can ring tomorrow though, unless anyone knows the answer?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
flew with easy jet last year and we have a double ski bag had both sets of skis in it and put our boots into our hold bags the year before we were with crystal and had both sets of skis in ski bag they weight approx 15 kg
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Never had a problem with boots in a separate boot bag on Easyjet (we also have a big double ski bag which, incidentally, they can't accurately weigh...) although these days we tend to take them on as hand luggage, which works great.

On a recent trip from Luton to Geneva, the girl at Speedy Boarding check in was adamant that we couldn't pool the weight between the bags. With that in mind, it may be worth printing and taking this page, which clearly says you can distribute the weight how you wish, just in case:

http://www.easyjet.com/en/sports-equipment
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's brilliant thank you very much snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok so we took a double ski bag and a boot bag, no problem at all Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurrah! Picked a nice week for it too. Not jealous at all.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flew with Easyjet last week. Pay for skis, and you can check in a ski bag and a boot bag.
latest report
Agree boot bag and ski bag for 20 kg. flying Friday on this basis Very Happy
snow conditions
Hi, is it possible to choose Large Sports Item equipment instead of small sports item equipment (skis) for taking a double ski bag, so that you can get 32kg allowance instead of just 20kg?
If so, would that be better than choosing small sports item + hold luggage = 40kg, and is this possible even if you are only taking ONE bag (double ski bag weighing about 28kg.)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy