Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Vector 110s

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Ive got a pair of HEAD vectors 110.

I am suppose an advanced begginner that does parralel turns, but not an expert by any standards. I was wandering if its not best to take the screws out the back of the boot, to allow for more flex until I get to a better level?

I also have spoilers in the back aswell, what should I do with these?

Thanks guys

Tim
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No one can help sniff sniff
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
By all means experiment with reducing the flex. Whether this is appropriate depends also on your weight.

The spoilers at the back allow some adjustment for the shape of your calf and affect effective forward lean a bit. Again, experiment a bit with the position of the spoiler to find what suits you best.

M
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Im 12 stone and 6 ft, The spoilers gave me the impression that I was always leaning back.

Any ideas?

Thanks Hyperkub
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At that weight I would imagine you can flex a 110 boot. Like I say, you can always experiment but my guess is that you will prefer the feel with the screws in.

You need to re-think front and back. Beginners feel that they are forward when the pressure is on their shin and back when the pressure is on their calf. As you get better at skiing and have a pair of well-fitting boots this (rather crude) metric no longer works very well. Try to feel where your weight is acting through your foot - if it is on the ball of the foot you are forward, if it is on the heel you are back. The feet are much closer to the ski than the leg, so what is happening at the foot is a much more accurate measure.

What might be happening with the spoiler is that you feel more pressure on the calf and therefore feel back, but that might not actually be the case. Listen to your feet!

M
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy