Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stretch liners ......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

After a bit of advice.

I bought a pair of boots- good shop, fitter, shell fine, footbeds etc. etc.
I've skied on them a fair bit and had a bit of numbness at the front of the foot in both. The right boot seems to have packed out a bit now and is a good fit. The left boot is still causing me a few problems.

I took the liners out last night and just tried them on with the footbeds. Left front of foot went numb. Took the footbed out of that one and it was fine. Tried a rubbish footbed from an old pair of trainers, foot went numb. So I don't think it's the footbed causing the problem.

I'm guessing it's a volume issue in the liner not the shell of the left boot, for some reason it's not packed out as much as the right boot, or my left foot is a few mm bigger. It's not unbearable but would make my life a lot easier if it went away.

The liners are tight. There is no getting away from that, a good fit tight mind. I know I'm not in the ski position with just trying the liners on but my worry is that it's actually compression across the front of the toe section of the liner that is causing this problem. It's the same feeling with the liner in the shell or out of the shell.

Is there anything I can do at home to stretch out the toe a bit in the liner. I've read various things ranging from heating the toe and packing it out a bit to picking the stitching or cutting the liner to release some tension.

They are good boots bar this minor problem. I don't mind going back to the fitter but it's a bit of a drive.

Any thoughts v much appreciated .....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
what boot is it? as shell sizes seem to have got bigger to make boots feel better "out of the box" the liner have are made a little short to A hold the foot well and B make sure they don't wrinkle in the front when they are put into the shell, it is probably worth a trip back to your boot fitter to have the liner stretched out, 20-30 mins on a stretcher with some heat can work wonders for toe comfort
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Apologies for the late reply! Thanks CEM
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy