Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 MissDemeanor -v- K2 Burning Luv

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone give me any feedback on these skis and how they compare to each other? I've heard freestyles often make very good all rounders, so wondering about MissDemeanors for my next trip. Any thoughts? Not really a Pipe skiier, but these still sound like they could be good for varied conditions, performance, etc.

The list of skis for the MK demo last summer gave all K2 T-Nine Ladies skis at 160 apart from the MissDemeanor at 169. Any ideas why that is? Is it better to go long on Freestyle skis?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How tall are you? How long skiing? As we're on the internet I don't mind asking, how much do you weigh? How long skiing? etc etc
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Parlor I am 5'7'', confident parallel on reds, skiied the odd blacks (generally get down without falling on blacks, but without huge levels of panache). Went to VT last week, skiied everything that was open, all day, every day and only fell over 3 times (twice on blacks, once by skiing over partner's skis - duh! the jury's out on whose fault that one was!).. Skiied on Rossignol Saphir 300s last week, but had outskiied them by the end and found them unstable - swapped to Dynastar Skicross for the last day and had a real blast on them. Much faster and more controlled. Not sure which level Skicross they were (that is an old Skicross, which I think are the new Contacts ~ not the new higher level Skicross for this year) , the fitter said they were about a step up from the Rossi's, which really felt like a noodle by then.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 22-12-05 12:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SkiBod, I hope some others can help, being a biggish guy I don't ski too many of the ladies skis... Evil or Very Mad

My wife (I must find out how much she weighs, not very much I think, she is your height and quite lean read skinny but powerful <quiver smilie>) has two pairs of K2s & loves them. She skied the Miss Ds but found them a little too soft, she's a strong skier and her everyday ski is a pair of Phat Luvs, the widest of the Luv range - which in contrast to the Miss Ds are quite stiff.

On paper the skis are really quite different 80mm vs 68mmm, 18m vs 13m. I looked them up for you / me. So the main question is where and how do you want to ski?

If you want to have a bit more of an explore then get the Miss Ds, if you're sticking to the piste get the Burnin' Luv. It's easy...

Also, some photos of you here might encourage a little more help...

Twisted Evil

edit: the Phat Luvs are c 96mm under foot. mrs p is a good skier, at your level I think you would find miss d's forgiving rather than soft. This is all guess work, sorry I can't be of more help...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That is helpful - cheers! I'll probably try and hire some MissD's next time and see how I get on. Or perhaps the Dynastar contacts? Any thoughts on the length thing for MissD's ~ 169s sound v long to me...but 160s about right... so not sure why they were demo-ing 169s?

Re photos - I look like Darth Vadar in my skiing ones due to a rather interesting choice of goggles, but have been meaning to put some photos on here, so watch this space!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SkiBod, I'd say try the 159 or the 164, and see how it goes from there.

parlor, you may not have skiied the MissD's, but have you skiied the Public Enemies? If so, last year's PE is pretty much the same as this year's MissD in terms of stiffness and handling.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, oh, good point. I liked it then, I'm heavier than the missus Wink Not really a ski for me mind.

SkiBod, hmmmm, yeah, sans goggles then please Wink

You'll probably have problems hiring some Miss Ds but you might be able to demo some, or as the fox says, last years PE in a shorter size.

Not sure if you need to sign up but I've seen some good 'shorter' skis for sale here http://www.darksummer.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can hire them at edge2edge this year ~ and that means extra snow time if you get to resort by 2-ish ~ we got 2 hours in on the first Saturday... admittedly, having not slept since 4am, prob not best 2 hours to be had....but still pretty cool!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SkiBod, photos...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Parlor - ha ha! Currently got technical difficulties as they are on my PC so I can't link to them... Anyway, where are all your photos? WTFH's even got the front room out there, but you seem v quiet on the photo front ~ should be a level playing field...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
SkiBod, I'd say try the 159 or the 164, and see how it goes from there.

parlor, you may not have skiied the MissD's, but have you skiied the Public Enemies? If so, last year's PE is pretty much the same as this year's MissD in terms of stiffness and handling.

I'm going to try out the MissDs this year. They've had excellent write ups in all the ski mags (especially Fall-Line Skiing).

I'm 5"5' and I'd go for the 169s. Normally I ski on Atomic C:9.18 (160cm ) or Salomon teneighty twin tips (171cm) which feel amazingly similar, other than the Atomics are a bit smoother at carving and the teneighties are better in powder. Apparently you should ski on twin tips that are a bit longer than non-twin tip skis because you don't actually ski on the back tips of the skis. Otherwise it'd be like skiing onmuch shorter skis. Shocked

I was actually surprised how short the lengths of the MissDs were. It was suggested by Mr Snowy that this was because the longer the skis are, the floppier they will be if they are build with the same materials.

So therefore like you say WTFH, it might be worthwhile for SkiBod to try out the K2 public enemies too which are slightly stiffer, to see how they compare if the 169 MissDs are a bit twisty.

I'm put off the K2 Luv range because of the dodgy graphics and there being too much choice in the range. I want one pair of skis that do everything as well as possible. I think Rossignol B2s are definitely worth trying out too. snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers Snowy, that's really helpful - and the longer length thing makes sense. When are you going? I'd be really interested to hear how you find them when you get back. I've just come back, so not planning next trip until March Crying or Very sad .... Ho Hum!

Anyway, I reckon this is THE outfit to ski MissDemeanors ~ although I think the shoes may be a bit tricky in the bindings, and admittedly you'd get v cold legs... what d'ya reckon??!!!

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowy, unless you are buying the 169 purely as a powder ski, I believe you are going too long! There's a reason why the MissD's come in shorter lengths, and that's because they are a lot of ski. I know of a couple of lady experts who ski it in the 164, and they are around 5'9".
Skiing on short skis is not a crime, you should try it!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi WTFH
Quote:

There's a reason why the MissD's come in shorter lengths, and that's because they are a lot of ski.

Sorry, can you just elaborate on that for the less initiated?
Cheers
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SkiBod, take a look at the lengths the ski comes in. Now, someone will say that you need to ski it in a 169, because that's what you need to ski any twin tip in.
I say that's not true.
Ski manufacturers make skis for different sizes and different abilities of skiers. There is a good reason why they make the MissD in 154, 159, 164 and 169.
169 is the longest they do that ski in. That length is designed for the taller/heavier skier who spends all her day in Utah powder. It's for someone with the strength and skill to ski it like a pro. Yes, you would be able to ski it, but the energy you would expend trying to get it to do what you want would be more than if you got it in a more suitable length for your height/weight/ability.
By saying "they are a lot of ski", I mean it will take a lot of work on your part to control the ski, which may well be detrimental to you improving as a skier on them. They are longer, but not softer than the shorter model.

On piste I ski a 170 ski which is quite stiff. I ski with other people who insist on skiing on 180+. I ski past them, and have energy left at the end of the day.
Off piste, my twin tips are 179 long. They take more work to ski.
I'm 6ft, and about 14 stone, and a reasonably advanced skier.
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, Thanks for that. If I get a chance, I think I will go for the 159s. Last week, I had Rossi's in 162 and then swapped to the Dynastar in 158. Obviously, completely different skis so perhaps hard to draw definite conclusions, but I really did feel I noticed the 4cm difference and the 158s felt a lot more zippier, easier to turn and also a lot more solid (but they were much stiffer as well). Don't you agree with Snowy's comment about the back tips at all, then?

Quote:

Apparently you should ski on twin tips that are a bit longer than non-twin tip skis because you don't actually ski on the back tips of the skis.

If you do, perhaps the 164s would be better and more like the feeling of 158 carvers? Or not?
snow conditions
Drunk so i can't read. But i can just about see. get the missDs I think they'll match your dress sense Wink
snow report
parlor wrote:
Drunk so i can't read. But......

Please tell me you haven't been near Ebay again.
snow report
In my defence, it was fancy dress - Bad Taste - and I modelled myself on Gwen Stefani... Anyway can't be helped....Too many gin and mixes to continue tonight ( 2 parts gin, 1 part red martini, 1 part dry martini - try it, you might like it, and it makes you fall over v quick....)
snow conditions
No, no mixers... Just gin and vermouth. James Bond eat your heart out.....
snow conditions
SkiBod, nice outfit!!!! Shocked Little Angel

I think I'll try out some skis when I go to France (Meribel) in Feb. Unfortunately it's all pretty much on-piste in France and I reckon I won't see the benefit of the MissDs until I get off-piste (but I don't want to get caught in an avalanche by sneaking slightly off-piste).

We're going to Whistler in Feb/March too which will mostly be off-piste skiing. What I really want is a ski that's great both on-piste and off-piste and a few of the snow mags say that Miss Ds are in the middle of the range for that type of ski.

Anyway, I think the pink MissDs will jazz up my black/grey ski outfit! Cool

My instructor in Whistler last year recommended I tried out the 150cm Atomic Metron 8 slalom-shaped skis. They skied beatifully on piste - long sweeping GS turns unlike my gittery old skis. However, I couldn't turn them on a sixpence which is what I need to do off-piste.

I'm not adverse to short skis [b]WTFH[\b] - I'm just not a fast skier so want to avoid sinking by getting a very short ski!! Maybe the 164cm MissDs are worth a go! Smile

I think what I need to ask myself is where do I plan my next x number of ski holidays - France (need in-piste ski) of Whistler (need off-piste ski). Thinking about it, I can feel I'm almost talking myself into trying out the more pisty Rossi B2s!
snow report
I'm 5'6" and ski in 150cm skis. I've been looking at trying out other skis, but am nervous of having them much longer Puzzled Why would you want long skis? Carving skis are meant to be skied short. Aren't they?
latest report
Snowy, That's interesting that you should say Rossi B2s are more pisty than MissDemeanors ~ I was wondering about trying B2s out last time, but someone on Snowheads said that they had tried them and really didn't like them ~ they felt out of control on them and felt they couldn't ski as well, if I remember right. What do you think of them? Have you skiied them?

erica2004, I'm 5'7'' and the shortest I've skiied is 158cm. 150cm sounds v short to me, but hey, people ski on blades, and I am no expert on this stuff! My understanding is that off piste you want longer skis so that you have more surface area and are less likely to sink in powder. The greater length also gives your ski more weight and so more momentum to get through cruddy snow. But that does make them a bit harder to turn and so a bit more tiring to ski (?) Anyway, there are lots more people out there who know much better than me on this, so I will stop chuntering on!
snow report
Snowy, PS Would you go for unisex or women's B2?
snow report
Remember this old thread about skis?

SkiBod, did you buy some new skis in the end?

I had visions of trying out all sorts of twin-tips until I got out the Whistler where everyone was wearing Rossi B3s and loving them. I tried them out and loved them so much I bought myself a pair from Whistler Village Sports, along with my 2 friends. I got the 160s.

They zoom round the moguls fantastically (except on cougar and blowdown) and are beautiful in powder (which there was lots of!). Best runs - sun bowl down to lower crescendo in untracked powder and garbanzo lift-line (fresh tracks every time!). Second best run - far side of flute bowl although I'm not entirely convinced the walk up flute and hike out from flute base was entirely worth it, being being a lazy skier. Shock)

I decided that twin-tips were encouraging me to sit too far back on my skis

I justified buying them after wrecking my old Atomic C:9.18s in Meribel at the start of Feb on all the pebble-dashed pistes.
ski holidays
I had hired Scramblers (155 and 165) and then bought Missdemeanours - absolutely love them!! Pretty good on piste as well as for messing around here there and everywhere! They look good- but I had to buy new togs to match them- always need more pink! Friends had B2's and said they went like the clappers, but she was one of the worst skiers i've ever seen and everyone else was on twin tips and fat skis, so no one to check with.
snow conditions
Snowy, I believe SkiBod got the One Luvs in the end - there's a photo around somewhere...
ski holidays
Hi Snowy,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you! Yes I did, I got K2 One Luvs in the end and got so excited I did a whole thread on it here!!!! Embarassed

Have just returned from VT and they really were great and did exactly what they said on the tin ~ one ski for all from groomed to off piste ~ really love skiing them: very solid and dependable but go pretty quick. Not as fast as burning luvs, but the same basic dimensions, just a bit softer, so better for off piste, etc perhaps.

Not 100% convinced on graphics, but not really looking at them as I ski so Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy